A New World

I remember telling my mother I was going to go to the store to grab items for dinner. I was supposed to be back, but I ended up blacking out while I was grabbing food from the back of the store. I don't know what happened, and I don't know where I am now.

"Hello?" I asked to see if anyone could hear me. I was in a dense pine forest area surrounded by dead trees and large boulders like rock piles that made small mountains. This place seemed very far from home. This place was too quiet for it to seem like anyone lived around here or even was in the same area. I came to the conclusion that I was lost once I came across a small shallow creek. Leaning down, I stuck my hands into the water just to cup them and draw them close to my face to sip on the water to rehydrate myself. I had been walking around for hours it felt like. I lost track of time since it seems my watch and phone were taken when I blacked out. As I sat down to relax, the sky started to fall dark across the sky. What was I going to do? I was alone in the wild with creatures that I have no idea what's out here. I'm scared, but I have to be alert just in case something or someone finds me.

Suddenly thunder roared from a far distance and the sky started to become home to black heavy clouds. It was going to storm.

"I need to find shelter soon." I said standing up and looking around before walking so I had my groundings. I tried to rush to a nearby tree for cover as rain started to fall aggressively. The sky crackled and shot down lightning as I ran and ended up falling by the tree, scraping my knee and elbows.

"Ah!" I screamed in pain and started to cry. When I moved to sit up and look at my knee, a large part of my kneecap was cut open and blood was running out. I tried to cover it with my hands but it just burned and stung with pain from the salt that lingered along the sweat. Looking around for something to stop the bleeding or even to cover it so it wouldn't become infected, I found a small patch of silk like material on the ground by a small rock. Carefully I picked up the silk and placed it along the open cut on my knee to help the bleeding. The silk soaked up the blood but kept it from running down my skin anymore. I leaned up against the tree and rested my head back, smelling the elements around me as the rain enhanced their smells through the air. Suddenly, the rain had softened and the low sound of the water hitting the ground had made my body tired.

Leaning up against the tree, I closed my eyes and started to drift off to sleep letting the lullaby that was created by nature around me fill my ears. It was peaceful. I had a strong feeling I was going to wake up in my own bed at home and that this would all be just a bad dream.

What sounded like water dripping on to ground as if I was in an empty room. The sound was becoming annoying and gave me a slight headache. Slowly I opened my eyes to help ease my headache in case of light making it worse. Once my eyes adjusted to my surroundings, the first thing that I saw was thick, large amounts of spider web. When I tried to sit up, I quickly realized that I couldn't move from where I was. My wrists were pinned down with spider webs. When I tried to move my arms, I failed in attempts as the webs were stronger then I thought. As I wiggled around a bit trying to see if I could break free I noticed I was in a cave. This cave seemed to be underground with the way the cave ceiling was growing stalagmites everywhere. Wherever I was, whatever created this web was big and was probably planning on eating me. Panic kicked in again and I started to move my legs in order to see if I could push myself out of the webs hold me to the ground. Suddenly, a low vibrating sound hummed through the large grouping of webs next to me. "Crap." I whispered and knew it was too late, all I could do now was lay as still as possible. It was soft, but I could hear the creature walking along the web into the area I was. I glanced over as I heard the humming on the web stop. It was a large spider, it had the same body shape like a female widow. A large spinneret that looked smooth and was a deep black silver. The spider was wrapping a large bee into a silky cocoon to keep it in place on its web. When it turned around, however; it was as if it knew I was watching, once it noticed that I was awake it moved off its web and onto the solid ground of the cave.