Banner Girl (Ryeowook's Story)

It wasn't my first time in Hongdae. But it was my first time experiencing the Hongdae night scene. And I was right inside a buzzling bar. A rock band was performing with everyone jumping along to the music. And there she was, in the middle of it all, carrying a large banner and written in neon green sticker paper was my name. I couldn't help but smile.

A few minutes later, the music quieted down and some people were slowly leaving. 

"Aaaah... perhaps the ballad hour will start soon," What a foolish thought.

Just then, a girl, the girl with the banner, sat next to me in the counter.

"Ryeowook-ah, Ryeowook-ah...", she said.

"Yes?" I turned towards her.

"Waiter-ssi, water please," She glanced at me and smiled.

"Yes, hmm...?" I repeated. But she was facing the waiter again.

I was getting annoyed.

Then, it turns out she was talking on the phone on her left ear. I then deduced, that the person she was talking to was coincidentally named Ryeowook. And when she glanced back towards my direction, I knew she wasn't talking or referring to me.

The other Ryeowook then appeared. He was the drummer of the band that had just played. They hugged each other and left. But the girl's banner was left on the bar. As I was leaving myself, I snatched it up and took the banner with me.

A week later, the members and the company had a meeting and concept on-boarding for the eighth album. The theme was preppy punk rock but with the same Super Junior funky style. I sighed heavily when I first heard this. Anyway, I brought the Ryeowook banner with me thinking that it would fit the new album's art design. Yes, that banner I got at the bar in Hongdae.

As Chairman Lee Soo-Man announced and introduced the new music production team, I saw the Ryeowook banner girl. She was one of them.

Oh.

I gradually slid the banner from the desk and hid it back to my bag.

~려욱