You're reading in a haunted library that has ghosts

Your school day just ended, and you decided to go to the library just out of town. No one else goes there because of the ghosts and spirits that tend to mill around. You pull an old, obviously loved book from its place in the romance section and find a nice spot to read it. Halfway through the book, you think back on the school day. You remember the couples you'd seen and every one of your former crushes. Then, you remember every relationship you've had. You start crying, the pit in your chest aching as each tear falls from your face. Before you know it, your tears stain the book in your lap, and the library has gone quiet.

           A little girl, probably around five or six, reaches a translucent hand toward yours. "It's okay," she says, a sad smile on her lips. "We're here for you."

          You nod, trying to take a deep breath, and look around. Every spirit from the library is sitting around you, heads bobbing in agreement.

          A boy around your age stands from his seat by a window and walks towards you. Gently brushing a tear from your cheek, he watches you, seaming at a loss for words. He then pulls the book from your hands and hands it to the little girl. "Come with me," he murmurs, offering a hand to help you up.

          You take his hand, taking another deep, steadying breath. The boy leads you through the library to a quiet corner away from all the spirits. He comes to a stop and watches you for a moment before brushing your soft, blonde hair from your eyes. You watch him with the same intensity, equally cautious and curious about the only other living human here. He slowly reaches his arms around you and pulls you into a hug, letting you pull away if you're not comfortable. You all but melt into his warm body, your sobs coming back full force, as he rests your head against his chest.

          "I know," he mumbles into your hair, rubbing light circles on your back. "I know." 

-----------------------------------------------

Sapienter si sincere. With sincerity comes wisdom.