Chapter 1 - Transfer Student.

Hope's Peak Academy was probably the most well known high school in Japan, and probably the entire world! It's students were talented, one of a kind people, and many untalented teenagers wished they could earn an education at Hope's Peak. However, Hope's Peak was very strict in what students they decided to recruit as "Ultimates", so when word got around that there was a transfer student coming to Hope's Peak, there raised many questions about the new student. Questions such as; what was this new student's Ultimate Talent? What was their personality like? Some were even so anxious that they created fake stories about the new student to make them feel better. Others gossiped. But all Chiaki Nanami could think about was if the new student would feel 100% comfortable in a new school environment full of teenagers with strange and unique talents and personalities.

It was the day the transfer student was supposed to come. Everyone in class 77-B spoke about the event all morning. Though as the hours and minutes went by, it became clear that the new student wasn't dropping by anytime soon. Not until a few weeks later, during one of Chisa Yukizome, class 77-B's home room teacher, lessons. Ms. Yukizome was abruptly interrupted by somebody crashing into the classroom, and landing in a strange, inappropriate position. The stranger managed to stand up and brush herself off. Whispers could be heard across the classroom, but Chiaki's eyes remained on the random girl who had just made a fool of herself. "I-I-I'm so s-sorryyy!!!" She exclaimed across the classroom, and bowed aggressively. Ms. Yukizome chuckled nervously, and tried to calm the girl down. They whispered with each other before finally turning to face the class. But nothing happened. The whole room was silent. Deafeningly silent. Until a blonde haired boy shouted from the back of the class, clearly irritated, "Who hell're you?"
"Ah! Y-Yes! M-My name is Mikan T- Tsumiki. Um..." Mikan pondered, thinking of her next sentence, "I'm the Ultimate... Nurse..." Mikan struggled to form her sentences together, creating long pauses in between words. Ms. Yukizome pulled Mikan aside to talk to her about something, but Chiaki couldn't care about what they were talking about. She was too busy admiring the new student. She had a tall, slim figure, interrupted by her noticeably large breasts, but Chiaki tried not to focus on that too much. She had long purple hair which was cut unevenly, and looked quite glossy. Since she was the Ultimate Nurse, it made perfect sense to see her wearing a nurse's apron with a blue-ish skirt underneath. What came off as her "defining trait" though, were the bandages wrapped on several parts of her limbs.. Chiaki wasn't sure they were there for the nurse's aesthetic, or if she was genuinely hurt. Ms. Yukizome and Mikan spent no longer than 5 minutes talking for Mikan to be seated in the desk prepared in the middle of the room for her that had been sitting there, empty, for weeks. Chiaki rested her hand on her cheek, as if bored, but she couldn't get her eyes off of Mikan as she organized her new desk. Time flew by in what felt like minutes, and before she knew it, it was already the last period. Chiaki gathered her textbooks, and was the first to leave her classroom.

Since Chiaki wasn't paying attention to what was going on around her, she hadn't seen Mikan come crashing into her, knocking all of the books out of her hand, and leaving Mikan in yet another unexplainable position.

The nurse squealed and squirmed on the floor, drawing unnecessary attention to herself, before finally getting up.
"I-I'm so s-sorry!! F-forgive meee!" She wailed, as if wanting to draw attention to herself. She then knelt on the floor and started picking up Chiaki's textbooks, not her own.
Alarmed, Chiaki spoke up. "Hey Tsumiki, it's okay, I can pick up my own books." She declared as she tugged lightly on the back of Mikan's collar to be sure she heard her.
Mikan looked up at Chiaki with big, watery eyes, as if they were going to burst out into fountains at any moment. "I-it's my fault this happened. L- Let me-"
"I said it's okay." Chiaki repeated in a more assertive tone. Mikan flinched and quickly gathered all of her own books, then stood up, and bowed again as a sign of apology.
"Hey, before you go, let me introduce myself." Chiaki said just as Mikan was about to leave. The nurse hesitated, but nodded shakily, gripping her books harder than before.
"I'm Chiaki Nanami, the Ultimate Gamer. Video games are my hobby, and I'm a fan of all genres. I'm.. also the class representative, so it's my job to make sure you feel absolutely comfortable in your new class. Nice to meet you."
Mikan unclenched her shoulders after hearing that Chiaki was going to make sure she felt safe. "I'm sorry we met like this.. I'm g-glad to be your classmate, Nanami!" Mikan said, rejoicing. But that joy quickly turned to anxiety, as nasty, self deprecating thoughts filled her head.

The bell had rung just after Chiaki's introduction, and it was already time to go back to class. Chiaki was surprised to hear the bell. Break just felt too short! "I'll see you in class, Tsumiki." She concluded, finally putting an end to this awkward conversation. Mikan nodded and headed straight back to class, forgetting to grab the books she needed for next class.

Chiaki was a little late, as she had to go all the way to her locker and switch out her books, like she'd originally planned before bumping into Mikan which turned into trying to convince her that she wasn't at fault for anything. Chiaki just hoped she'd made a good first impression, even if the way they'd met wasn't ideal.