New Friends New Beginning

Entering Hope's Peak's entrance doors was difficult for Mikan Tsumiki. She desperately tried ignoring everyone on her way to class and thankfully nobody wanted anything to do with the girl.

Mikan was early, so naturally, she didn't expect somebody to be in the class. The only person present however was of course, Chiaki Nanami.
Mikan panicked. She wasn't ready to greet people yet. Especially the class rep? Someone she'd made a fool out of herself in front of ? !
Yet Chiaki hadn't even noticed someone walked in. She was too buried in her video game to even notice the (very noticeable) girl.

Mikan stood still at the entrance to the classroom. She knew she was overreacting, but one move would cause her to stumble and fall over.

Chiaki, still staring intensely at her game, raised her hand and waved softly to Mikan. S-s-she sees me?!
Mikan opened her mouth to say something but all that came out was pathetic whimpering.
"Good morning Tsumiki. It's just me, don't worry." The mauve haired girl said quietly not to startle Mikan, still refusing to look away from her game. I wonder what she's playing.

Mikan slowly composed herself, hand gripping her chest unintentionally looking very dramatic, and stumbled over to her desk. Though she really wanted to talk to the girl. She wanted to know her interests, her hobbies, what she's good at. But she could never just ask.

A fairly loud sound came from Chiaki's handheld which made Mikan jump in her seat. Chiaki stretched her hands behind her back, putting down the game girl (boy), and on screen showed a big green tinted pink text that said 'Stage Clear' .
Mikan thought nothing of this. Chiaki was the Ultimate Gamer. It was no surprise she handled that level with such ease. But then she started feeling envious. Not the bad kind, she was just jealous of Chiaki's amazing gaming abilities. Mikan took no such interest in gaming, but she wanted to get better anyway. Wait, did Mikan always want to get better at gaming?

30 minutes passed, which felt like thirty hours, and thirty days, until the bell finally rang; and it was going to be another 30 years all over again..

Ding Dong Bing Bong*

Class had finally ended. It was only first period, but to Mikan it felt like she'd just lived her first century of life.

(Please do not make any Bandaid/Tsumioda comments, discomfort ship ehdbbhsh 😕)
"Yo! Tsumiki! That's you, right?"
A girl with spiky hair and vibrant bangs had approached Mikan. She looked so... flashy.

"Y-yes, that's me.."
Mikan tried responding as calm as possible, though talking to somebody as seemingly loud and colourful, very unlike herself, was difficult. Polar opposites you could say.

"Psst, don't tell anyone, but I peeped at Nanami's desk and she was doodling little stick figures of you. They were really cute!"

Mikan blushed, feeling flustered that someone had taken the time to draw her, let alone look at her. But the she thought of the worst. Was she judging me? What if this girl is lying and she was actually making fun of me?!

Mikan looked behind her and saw Chiaki leaving the classroom, staring yet again into her video game.

The girl nudged Mikan out of her daze which made her jump. "Names Ibuki Mioda! I'll have you know I specialize in matchmaking." Ibuki said, with a wide grin on fear face from ear to ear.
Mikan doubted the girl harshly, but nodded in significance to not come off a rude.

"Hey! Are we going or what?!" Mikan flinched at the sudden loud sound coming from behind Ibuki. "I was just greeting the new girl Saionji. You should too!" Ibuki grabbed 'Saionji's' wrist and pulled her in between the two.

"...I've already met this sad social reject." Hiyoko insulted boldly.
"S-social reject-?!" Mikan whimpered, tears already forming in her eyes. I guess she really was a sad social reject .

Ibuki gasped dramatically and smacked her hand onto Hiyoko's shoulder, causing the small girl to wince. "Don't be mean Saionji!" She scolded, though it was hard to take the girl seriously.
"Ow! Jeez!"

Ibuki pushed the girl out of the way and smacked her hands on Mikan's shoulders, frightening her.
"Wanna hang out with us? Hm?" She asked. "It'll be me, the red-head, Saionji, and you!"

Mikan looked around the classroom and stopped her gaze on a girl with bright red hair whom smiled and waved once their eyes met.
"S- yes.." She said, though something in the back of her head told her not to.

"What? Why does that clumsy pig shit have to come with us?!" Hiyoko screeched.
"BECAUSE! She's new here and it'd be fun to have a new friend!" Ibuki huffed and smacked Hiyoko on the shoulder again, letting her hand rest there.

Speaking of which, the red-head had placed her hand on Mikan's shoulder from behind her, startling the fragile girl of course.
"I should introduce myself then," she said calmly and walked to Ibuki and Hiyoko's side of the conversation.

"I'm Mahiru Koizumi, Ultimate Photographer," she introduced, saying no other type of information about herself after that.
Mikan simply nodded and held her hands to her chest, fiddling with her fingers. So many people she thought.

( Hi! The author, Sage here. I know I kinda left this fic. Idk why, maybe I just lost interest in the ship, but I'm deciding to rewrite the chapters. No promises I'm gonna actually do what I say I'm gonna do, but just to give a heads up. What you just read is the raw, unfinished draft I've had laying around since even before the hiatus. I kinda cringed at my old writing. It's not that bad, but I've improved. Side note, I started writing an Ishimondo fic as well, but I didn't think twice to publish it here. Especially since it's not finished, and it would probably cause me stress if I didn't finish it. But if you want, I COULD publish it as a new fic. Idk what to name it tho. Anyway, I'm gonna start rewriting the first chapter, AT LEAST. And one last thing, the first fanfiction on here is EMBARRASSING. Not only the writing and overall storyline and lack of canon, but also the self drawn cover art. So yeah maybe I'll rewrite that too, idk. No promises though. Bye my loves 😆 )