The Heartbreak

"i don't love you anymore" was what felix said. chan heard it, of course, but still asked "lix, what?" which just made felix repeat those painful words that would be carved into chan's mind for the rest of his life. felix said it with such a cold tone, like he didn't care at all, chan thought. "also," felix continued "ive been cheating" and that was the moment chan broke down. felix still looked cold and careless, but nevertheless, still said "i'm sorry, you know. i wasn't happy. i loved you once. but not anymore" chan started to feel angry, he was furious, actually. "you should've told me this before, you should've broken up with me long before. it hurts me more to know you've been pretending and going behind my back for all this time than knowing you fell out of love. this is evil" felix looked at chan scream and cry before replying "again, i'm sorry, you know i am, i still care about you. you were a big part of my life" with that, he turned around to leave, but heard his name being called yet again. "i wanted to love you forever, i really did. but i don't think you ever could love me the same. i'm not sure if you ever did, at this point, and it hurts me to say this. because i know i'll love you forever regardless. you'll forever be the one i love." chan felt sad, he blamed himself. he wasn't enough, he didn't love felix enough. he had such amazing memories with felix. everything they did together was such a joyous thing to him. those memories now seemed so distant and painful though. his mind was just clouded with the same question over and over again: had felix not felt the same as he did all this time? and that was all he could think about at that moment. "it pains me to see you go, it pains me even more to know i'd let you break me into a million pieces and still come back to you in the end" felix stood there. he felt bad, of course. as much as chan doesn't think that he loved him once, he did. he felt bad for cheating and he thinks he'll regret it forever. even though his new partner does make him feel alive. he wants to say a million things to chan, some kind of comfort, even though he knows nothing he says will ever be enough to comfort the man who once he thought was the love of his life. all felix managed to muster the courage to say was "i know you'll find love again. you're better than you think you are. i know you think i've never loved you, but i did. i loved you a lot. it's in the past now though. i hope you'll be able to let go one day. i wish you all the best always" right after that, he gathers his things and leaves his ex lover crying in the living room of the apartment he once called home.