13

VOTE | COMMENTS

Zayn blinked his eyes open and gave Harry a sleepy smile, and Harry decided that the whole sleepover thing was a pretty good idea after all.

His decision was confirmed when Zayn's smile turned wicked, and he squirmed his way beneath the blankets to deliver a particularly thorough good morning kiss.

Harry was still feeling a little lightheaded and melty when he swapped places with Zayn and said good morning right back.

.
.
.

Harry's bathroom was cramped and smelled like mildew.

His towels were not very fluffy.

He'd never before had the need to be embarrassed about that.

But then Zayn turned on the shower and dragged Harry in with him, and Harry stopped caring.

He'd never bathed with anyone before, not unless you counted communal showers in the back in school.

And this was infinitely better because he didn't have to be sneaky about ogling the other guy's ass or think desperately about his Great-aunt arm jiggles to make his resulting hard-on wilt away.

In fact, when Zayn caught sight of Harry's erection, he grinned delightedly, like he'd been paid a compliment.

Then he spun Harry around and soaped his back, allowing his own cock to drag teasingly up and down Harry's butt crack.

They stayed in the shower until the hot water ran out.

.
.
.

While Harry made coffee, Zayn went digging through the kitchen cupboards and refrigerator, the scowl on his face making his feelings clear.

He probably wasn't looking for Pop-Tarts, moldy leftovers, or orange juice of questionable vintage.

But he eventually found some ingredients that did satisfy him, and he fried up eggs with cheese and served lots of buttery toast on the side.

Harry half expected Zayn to head home after breakfast.

Instead, Zayn peeked out the kitchen window to see the sun shining brightly, then made a gesture that Harry understood immediately.

.
.
.

"You want to go for a walk? Sounds good to me."

He hid a smile and pretended not to notice when Zayn snuck his last forkful of eggs into Evie's dish.

The two men didn't hold hands as they strolled down the sidewalk, but they kept their bodies close enough to occasionally bump shoulders.

The sky was bright blue, the air was crisp, and every tree they passed showed off its autumn finery like a drag queen on stage.

A holiday was always a nice thing to have, but this particular day truly felt like a gift to Harry, like something wrapped in shiny paper with a great big honking bow.

.
.
.

There was a park just a couple of blocks from Harry's apartment.

Sometimes he jogged through it, but this was the first time he'd passed through at a leisurely pace, smiling at the little kids screaming on swings, stopping to pet a large dog with a happy tail, even sitting on a bench for a while with Zayn and just sort of basking.

Three old ladies sat on the bench opposite them, chatting away in french.

Harry smiled at them too.

He didn't feel restless.

Didn't feel like there was someplace else he was supposed to be.

It was Zayn who moved first, elbowing Harry to get his attention and then miming eating and drinking.

• ☘ •

- Thinking that my heart is gettin' dry, my heart is gettin dry.