Chapter 2

As he laughed happily amidst his looming death he seemed to realize something that halted his chuckles on their tracks.

It seemed as if he was having some kind of monologue in his head that ended with him taking deep breaths as if to keep calm, but that was the wrong move as evidenced by the endless pouring of his blood and the black splotches that danced across his vision.

As he lay dying there with only his thoughts to amuse him he seemed to have reached some kind of conundrum which he swiftly solved with a resigned yet faint smile upon his lips so unlike his previous energetic chuckles, as if he finally comprehended the fact that he was dying and was fully embracing it knowing full well that there's no escaping it.

So this is where it all ends, huh...
...Well it's been a rough 20 years.

The first half of my life was as if the odds were all stacked against me.

Sometimes I would even wonder if some sick twisted god was taking amusement from messing with my life but I learned to suck it up and work hard with the belief that some day my effort will bear fruit.

After all instead of sulking all day long and blaming some god that may or may not exist it was more productive to rely on myself and work hard for the better future I envision.

And my hard long efforts did pay off as evidenced by the latter half of my life which is the last five years of my life where I succeeded as a world-famous entrepreneur and lived in relative luxury and comfort.

But it all went down the drain now that I'm dying...

Thanks to my paranoid nature I already wrote my will even though my lawyer was pretty perplexed that someone so young was already writing his will but I'm sure he won't be perplexed anymore when news of my death reach him.

I just hope he follows through with my will and donates all my life-long hard earned money to the institutions and organizations I set up to help the truly helpless and poor people around the world.

Just like when I had hoped for a helping hand or a nice word or even a smile during my most desperate and helpless times.

Unfortunately, I never received as such during those times.

Hopefully, the institutions I set up would do what I had hoped someone would do for me.

Closing his eyes for possibly the last time, he welcomed death with a faint smile upon his lips that coupled with his looks and the blood all over the place and on him, along with his grievous injuries, painted a stunning and heart-wrenching figure.

Countless would mourn, when news of his death reach them, how such a kind benevolent young man that contributed much to the world would pass on from their world so pre-maturely, and would surely hate on that sinner of a killer, that dared raise his hand against that face and erase all chances of it ever gracing their eyes once again, especially the people saved by his grace due to the institutions he set up all over the world, but that's a story for another time.

Now with our protagonist

Upon his death, he fully expected to just cease existing or maybe finally discover that sicko of a god did indeed exist and finally grace him with a punch to the face filled with all his grievances and hatred over the short years of his existence, but sadly for him that was not meant to be as he found himself...

To be continued...

...

A short trivia for our readers!
Where do you think our protagonist found himself after his death?