School Faction Riot Part Two 5

In order to come into contact with Libert, I planned to sneak into his tea party as Alicia's exclusive butler, but now I was going to have to attend it as her escort.

It was a condition set based off of a thorough understanding of my circumstances. There was no way I could dispel Alicia's demands myself. Therefore, there was only one person here that could change the terms of this deal.

However, even Melissa said, "If my lady has resolved herself for this, then I won't say anything." Your mistress is pursuing someone completely unacceptable for her social class! How could you allow this?!

...or so I complained in my heart, but I'm sure I would've said the same thing if I was Alicia's butler. Melissa wasn't a maid of the Lindberg Viscount house, but Alicia's exclusive maid.

I was a bit surprised, but she was only asking me to be an informal tea party partner. Compared to escorting someone at the first prince's birthday party, it was a trivial matter.

With that in mind, the only problem would be Lady Sophia's reaction to this.

She seemed like she was going to fall into darkness just from me dancing with Alicia that one time, so once she knows I'll be attending a tea party as her partner...

I felt shivers just thinking about it, but I wasn't going to keep this from her. I will never lie to my lady. That was something I vowed to uphold the moment I became Lady Sophia's exclusive butler.

But everything has a procedure to follow.

When negotiating, you needed to understand the other party's interests. Similarly, when apologising for something, you needed to bring goods to show off your sincerity, and if the crime you committed was unforgivable, you needed to prepare a scapegoat.

...oops, my thoughts were really starting to get dark there. For the time being, let's start preparing the sweets my lady likes before I meet with her.

However, when I returned to the mansion while thinking that, Rouché was on standby in front of my room. The moment she saw me, she said, "The mistress is waiting for you" in a business-like manner.

"Should I go to the mistress' room then?"

Rouché shook her head at my query–

"The mistress is waiting for you here."

–and then quickly opened the door before pushing my back. My footsteps echoed out as I stumbled in, and immediately after, Rouché closed the door behind me. 

While still confused by her abrupt actions, I raised my face.

And standing there– was my lady.

"...Cyril, where were you?"

"I was searching for a way to get into contact with Sir Libert, my lady."