ONE

Head buzzing, where is that buzzing coming from? Body burning, why are there bullet holes in my body? Who is shooting at me? Keep running
Keep running
Keep running

Red woke up startled and hit her head on the ceiling; causing a loud thunk and some laughter to be heard from below her. It was a bit hard to see for her at the moment, a trainee had thrown a flash bang near her unexpectedly and she didn't have time to look away. Reds eyes were still sore.
"Rise and shine sleepy head," a smug voice spoke, "you've gotten your sleep for the remainder of the night, time for early morning patrol~."

Red sighed in frustration, as she looked at the clock:
4:00 AM

"You let me sleep an hour and a half? Wow, you spoil me." Red carefully slipped out from her bed and onto the ground floor, still somewhat blinded.

"By any chance, have you changed your bandages today?"

Red tsk'd and looked down at her arms; which were currently exposed because her bandages were loose, dirty, and torn in several places. "I was going to, however you interrupted me with training for most of the night. You also stole my last set, so there's that too..."

Red touched her exposed skin, it was a sickly pale compared to the rest of her skin. Apart from the paleness, it looked just like the rest of her: muscle, scars, and some broken- but function-able bones. She knew she was not in the best condition. To add to it all, upon touching her skin, it began to turn an irritated red and burn. Now that she thought of it, her whole body began to painfully burn.

"How nice of to treat my injuries earlier this week, I hope it wasn't to painful for you to inject me with acid," Red remarked.

"Ahhhh you are still on about that? I thought it would be nice of me to care that you're injured for once... it seems I have to add memory loss to the side effects however."

"Why memory loss?" Red asked in confusion. It is rare that she even bothers asking Doc questions; the answers were mostly avoided or dismissed. She even asked his name once, and in turn got what she calls him now. Doc.

He laughed, "This is the eighth time I've had to tell you. And," he tossed a giant wrap of bandages to Red, "I need you to look clean today."

Red sneered, "What the hell for?"

"We have to go into Tokyo today, we're, or rather you- are going to inform the Yakuza of our little event next week ."

"Why do I have to? Aren't you related to them? Shouldn't you? You're better at that stuff than me!" Red slapped herself mentally for talking back, it was something you simply did not do to Doc.

He laughed, "I'm not in charge of this company. You are. I expect that you will learn things like this wether it be the hard or easy way. The address for the meeting is already emailed to you and I expect that you will be properly dressed for public appearance."

Red opened her mouth to ask something. But reconsidered, it was almost common sense to remember how she was supposed to dress for occasions like this. Her all company uniform would usually suffice considering it was comprised of:
-A black turtleneck
-Black cargo pants
-Black combat boots
-A black service cap
- Red armband with the company label.

I have to get my clean sets from the drawer.

Red looked over to Doc only to discover that he left. A note was placed on the ground where he was; it explained that her uniform would not suffice, but rather a more business like outfit.

Red rubbed the bridge of her nose sighing, "Going into public and talking to Yakuza bosses..."

"What could go wrong?"