1

(kee-lee-uh)

Omniscient

Little Keliah was smiling wildly and twirling in the mirror. It was her very first dress, and she was on cloud 1000. She felt like every Disney princess she watched for hours during the times she was supposed to be in the bed.

Her aunt Tamika stopped at the door after just finishing gossiping with Keliah's mother about deacon and first lady at Emmanuel Temple. It seemed the both could talk for hours about all that happened there.

"you think you cute," her aunt's seemingly abrupt comment made Keliah's small head shoot down. "you know she don' know how to act since i bought her that lil' dress," her mother followed laughing smugly. Depleting little Liah's confidence with each word.

"Aye yall look at what the fuck keliah got on," one kid attempted to whisper to their friend group. "Look at her fuckin knees," another says. Keliah looked back at the group tears threatening to fall but she just walked faster. There was no point in standing up for herself it happened everyday and it would never stop. No matter how much she stood up for herself it just got worse.

Keliah always one of the first to classes she put her backpack on the back of the chair and put her head down. Fortunately, she had a few minutes of peace before class starts and the torment continues. 

"Hey daddy," Keliah toothlessly grinned. It was no secret that Keliah always favored her father more than her mother because he always made her feel beautiful.

Keliah wasn't a girl of many words, she really only talked to her father and mother. She mostly liked to talk to herself and express it through drawings because she felt that she was the only person that truly understood her.

"Hey sweetcakes," his sooth mississippi accent that always made her smile spoke. "What my favorite baby doing," he asked her. "Drawin me n' you," she tells him with a wide smile now.

He was her true happy place as a young girl. She looked up to him and wanted to be just like him, kind and patient.

"Darren what did you do with the money I gave you," her mother busted in the living room yelling. Keliah packed up her crayons and sketch book, knowing it was time to go back in her room. Her mom and dad most likely going to end up fighting  violently all night long.

On these nights she usually cried herself to sleep knowing that if she wasn't born they wouldn't be fighting in the first place. It was the one thing she knew she was good at, Not being happy.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
HEYYYY

I am aware this is a little short and bleh BUT this is just the intro i plan to dive into deep shit as this book unfolds this is just a teeny weeny intro

BYEEEEEEEEEE