Everything

Gianni Summers

It's late night and the roads aren't as busy as during the day.

Elijah is sitting next to me in his black town car while he lets me give directions to his driver, Jo I think his name was.

When I wasn't giving directions, I kept my gaze out of the window knowing that it'll be all over him if it was inside this car.

While he sat engrossed with his phone not sparring me a second of his time. Not that I care.

I just thought that he wanted to drive me home to talk about shit but ehh I guess this is better.

Not being able to do it anymore I turn to look at him, letting my eyes glide over his mucsled arms covered in tattoos and all the way up to the ones on his neck sticking out of his shirt.

Then finally moving my eyes to his face, gasping softly finding him already watching me. I instantly see him trying to fight a smile.

Not wanting to see, I snap my head to the window again.

Arriving at my apartment building, I hop out grabbing my things, wanting to get away from that intoxicating man as quick as I can.

But Elijah had other plans. He calls for me telling me to wait up. He says something to Jo and then makes his way over to me while Jo drives off.

Looking at him confusedly. He just motions for me to walk. Rolling my eyes I make my way up to my apartment.

Unlocking the door I go straight to my bedroom to change, throwing on my baggy sweatpants and T-shirt.

Coming back out I see Elijah walking around my apartment scanning it.

Rolling my eyes, I throw myself on the sofa. Looking at him expectantly. He looks back at me then moving to the sofa next to me, so that he's facing me.

"I want to make a few things clear and then we going to sort shit out" he says matter of factly.

Rolling my eyes, I nod. He nods back and clears his throat. "So everything your friend Sophia said about me is true. I'm not going to ask you to give our baby up for adoption or ask you to go for an abortion.

Family is everything to me, it may not seem like it but they are so there's not a bone in my body feeling any regret towards what we did and what we produced, it is my flesh and blood growing inside of you after all, however it is your body so it is after all your choice.

I'm not going hold you hostage and try to dictate your life but if you are keeping my baby I would like to have a say in what you do where our baby is concerned.

As for supporting our baby and making sure he or she has everything it needs, there's no doubt about that, so I dont care how independent you are I helped you create that human inside you. So I'm helping you support our baby.

No I'm not going to ever try and take our baby away from you, but I would love to be part of my child's life." He says in a steady voice.

I let out a breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding. Not finding anything he said out of line or too much to ask for I nod for him to continue.