✈︎ Chapter Twenty-Three

"are you guys dating?" Haechan eyed his friend, who was back entering the bedroom carrying some snacks for them. His stomach grumbled seeing the Lays chip bag.

"Who?" The blue haired boy asked, dumbfounded, as he hands over the bag of Lays chips to Haechan.

"You and that angel boy."

Jeno tilts his head, "not yet." He smiles, turning around to get some clothes from his closet so he could change.

"Not yet? The fuck you mean 'not yet'?" His friend repeats, his eyes wide and had forgotten the current struggle of opening the bag of chips.

"We established we liked each other-"

"You said 'liked'."

Sighing, Jeno turns to his friend and speaks. "We like each other," he repeats and eyes his friend. "A lot." Emphasizing, making Haechan raise his hands up in surrender.

"We're going to have our first date soon." Jeno then smiles at his friend, his cheeks heating up at just mentioning the said innocent simple date. With Na Jaemin.

"When?" The tanned male asked, still struggling to open the Lays pack and was very close on just fuck it and use his demon powers.

Seriously, who the fuck made some of these hard to open? What's gonna happen if you're starving and you can't open it?

"I don't know yet, Jaemin just said he'd want to take me out sometime and I told him 'of course' and we sort of ended it at that." The blue haired boy stated, turning on his back to finally grab some clothes.

"How do you know if he really genuinely and honestly likes you? What if- what if it's a hoax? Or like a trap and he'll drag you to heaven or something?" Haechan exclaimed quite dramatically.

"Channie, he's under punishment right now. He can't go back to heaven yet, and I'm sure he knows what's he's doing." Jeno deadpans from across the room.

"Or who's he's getting himself involved with."

"Haechannie, you're making it seem like I'm a bad person and it's bad to date me!" Jeno whines abruptly and turns to cross his arms with a pout.

The tanned male threw the bad of chips on the floor and makes some weird hand gestures, trying to find an excuse. "Well- I'm not saying it like that."

"Huh?"

"I'm just saying it's scary, especially if like... Someone new or if they're not from hell, wants to... You know? Upgrade things with you." He musters up, pathetically rather than his usual confident self.

Jeno huffs, "if you're talking about my dad, then be sure to tell him once you get back. If he wants to talk to me, do it before my date because I don't want him to disturb us."

"Wait, why me?" Haechan asked, eyes wide in shock.

"Because you're already here, Jisung is at a night mission, right?" Jeno hums, raising a brow.

The tanned male nodded stiffly, "good, it's settled." He smiles and turns back around to quickly go to his bathroom and change, leaving his friend inwardly panic.