-48-

Finn's pov

The night alone broke my heart even more, it tore me apart. All night I was deciding what to do next, and I had decided. Before I could put my plan in action I just needed to make sure she was going to be okay. This is going to sting like a bitch and hurt us both but she will be safe and in no position ever again to be hurt by me.
"I'm doing this for you Y/n, I hope you can understand that and forgive me one day for what I did." I say trying not to cry.
That's when I heard her,
"Ughh-" She groans still with her eyes closed,
quickly I kissed her forehead one last time and now I need to get out of here before she wakes up. One time when I broke my leg when I was a teenager The doctor said to me, "A clean brake is always the best."
"Goodbye beauteous." I sigh standing up letting go of her hand then walking out quickly with my head low.

In the hall I ran into Ryan,
"Hey is everything okay?" He asks shocked to see me outside the room, probably because I was there with her all night.
"She's waking up-" I say.
"That's amaz- wait aren't you going to be there when she wakes up?" Ryan was happy then when he realized what I was doing his emotion changed,
I didn't reply I couldn't get myself to say out loud that I wasn't going to be there,
"Your leaving her-" He sighs.
"If I continue to be around her there's a chance she'll be in this position again. I-I don't want her hurt anymore-" I sigh.
"And you think by leaving-?" I cut him off,
"She won't be hurt ever again and won't feel pain-" I say.
"-I'm not going to judge your decision or tell you that it's wrong or right. But you're going to break her heart and I can't forgive you for that." Ryan says.
"If that's what it takes for her to be safe than her heart needs to be broken, please don't tell her I was here- A clean break will be easier for the both of us." I sigh walking away.

Ryan's pov

I couldn't force the man to stay so I let him go and I'll respect what he's choosing to do even if I don't agree with it, so I went to Y/n's room to be there when she wakes up she needs someone especially right now. When I got to her bed I held her hand,
"Mmmmm- Ryan?" She asks with a weak voice waking up,
"Hey little one, how you feeling?" I ask.
She took off the mask and rubbed her eyes,
"Like shit, how are you here?" She smiles.
"My mission got called off, when I landed in Florida I heard the news-" Ryan sighs.
"Wait- Finn is he okay?" She asks.
"Yes, you saved him." He says.
"Where is he I need to talk to him?" Y/n asks.
"Well- I-" I hesitated.
How could he leave me here to tell her this? Her eyes were so full of hope and I was going to break it,
"I haven't seen him, I'm sorry Y/n." I sigh.
She sighed and looked up at the ceiling, her eyes are weak.

Y/n pov

Ryan is a good friend he does what's best and that's why I don't believe that Finn wasn't here. When I woke up I saw a white roses next to me, not once has Ryan or anyone ever bought me white roses. Only Finn could've been the one to buy them for me. He left me, he broke his promise. But I guess after what I lied about any promises could be broken.

One week later..

It's been a long week since everything went downhill at the homecoming dance, a week without him in my life. Before excepting this mission I could live without needing anyone in my life since that's the way I grew up, but now could I live without him? We had future plans together now I can't even imagine a future without him. Life is more blue and uncertain, without his goofy smile and positivity on the future and us. Surprisingly I healed from the bullet quickly but just like before I healed quickly as well. So today was the day I could go home and I was packing my stuff into a bag. The roses had died that I wanted to keep them so I put them in my bag, and I took out my phone to try to call Finn again for the millionth time this week.
"We regret to inform you that the person your trying to call-" I hung up immediately.
I've heard the end of that sentence many times,
"-has blocked your number." I mumble.
Jesus I fucken get it lady I'm blocked.

Obviously I knew he'd be so mad at me but I didn't think he'd completely vanished from my life. Where is he? I finished packing and the Senator came into my room,
"Y/n?" He asks.
"Hello sir." I say awkwardly.
His eyes were slightly purple he hasn't been sleeping much I could tell, he's hanging loosely.
"Still no word from him?" I ask.
"The last time he caught a bodyguard following him he threatened to leave us behind and now he's came through with that I didn't think he would. I just wanted to protect him." The Senator sighs.
"If you didn't hire me there's a good chance he will be the one in the hospital right now instead of me, you wanted the best for your family to protect them and you did." I say.
"Then I drove away my son-" He sighs.
"Finn loves you very much, he just need some time. He'll come around you can't be mad at you forever." I sigh.
"Thank you Y/n, I wish you the best thank you for everything you've done for my family including saving my sons life." He smiles.
"That's my job sir- it was an honor." I kinda smile.

After he left Mia and Ryan pick me up from the hospital this whole week they've been removing my things from my dorm back to my apartment. They've also been trying to make me feel better,
"So as you can see Ryan and I fully stocked your fridge and pantry with your favorite foods and snacks. We also vacuumed and cleaned since you haven't been here for months." Mia says as I sit down on my old couch.
I've spent the last six months at a college campus living a completely different life, coming back to the city is like a disappointment. They annoyed me at the time but I now miss the lack of privacy, close friends just down the hall, and all the social events. I miss Jack too- storming in my room whenever he wanted, coming out the hall and seeing Finn smile at me then walking to class, and spending time with my friends at the events. Most of all I miss having him around all the time.
___________________________

This is so depressing I'm sorry!!