Dolphins are Horrifying

I didn't mean anything. I'm scared. I don't want to die. I didn't mean to use my magic against Lady Delphinium, I just got scared. She used her magic first, but how did she have magic? This makes no sense, why does she have magic? Its supposed to be a curse inflicted on those with darker hair and eyes. She can't have used magic to cover it up either.

Why do my best thoughts come to me when I'm choking on poison?

⚘⚘⚘

I woke up coughing. They should've picked a more potent poison. I gave so many recommendations, but they didn't choose a single one and instead went with one I'd never heard of. Now that I'm not on death's door, I don't feel as panicked. God they should've trusted me. I let out a sigh and finally took notice of how comfortable I was.

I jolted up, eyes opening. My eyes darted around the room and I felt a deep dread. I read stories like this to try to fit in when I was finally allowed outside the manor, but still.

"Fuck. Shit. Where's the fucking mirror?" I muttered. I froze for a second. Those words were very weird to hear from what sounded like a child.

I stared in the mirror and I swear I was ready to punch it. In it stood a child who was no more than ten. I was 100% sure I was male, no doubt but my hair looked like the only part that had been cut were the bangs. I still had my noticeable black hair and eyes. My hair was a disaster but still thick like it was before. My eyes still were a bit droopy, and a bit red. 

I sighed and returned to the bed, sitting on it. This definitely was different from my childhood. My parents did not want to shave my head but also still preferred that it was kept short. 

"Young master Blair!" 

An older woman bursted in through the door, an entourage behind her. The maids that served me when I was younger. When I was twelve it changed to mainly males. The elder woman, Miss Liandra, looked surprised to see me awake and sitting on my bed. I guess this version of me also wasn't normally a morning person.

I stared blankly at the group. I really didn't like them, not like they liked me either. They would not wake me up and then refuse to give me breakfast, accidentally add some ingredients that caused illness, give me cold water for cleaning up. One time, they all dyed their hair black, complimenting each other while simultaneously mocking me for having naturally black hair. Then again, it was a trend for a bit to have darker dyed hair, though it being natural was always something seen as cursed.

"W-well," Miss Liandra seemed a bit surprised by how I was acting, "You are to be extra quiet today. There is a guest today and they do not need to be bothered by a cursed child."

I nodded and the ladies left. I always wondered whether they would treat other people the way they treat me, but that's unlikely. I stared at the clothes one of the women left out. It was a gray and white dress with a cape around the shoulders and a bow on the waist. Definitely different from what I was used to. It came with a pair of gray shoes with bows on the top.

I sighed and quickly got ready. I had noticed a whole in the side of the wall outside my window and I was curious whether I could fit through. I didn't know exactly how to tie up my hair so I just left it down. God I wish it was lighter. 

⚘⚘⚘

I heard people running through the halls and I saw guards outside my window patrolling around the estate, whoever was coming was pretty important. Once they get here, no one will notice if I sneak out for a bit.

I approached the window and tried opening it. Thank god I've always been a timid child, it was left unlocked. I never spoke back and never tried to show myself to anyone so they must've thought it safe.

I climbed out of the window which was on the ground floor and quietly approached the breach in the wall.

"Hopefully this works." I muttered.

I started crawling through and was surprised that the dress got through. I had a silent celebration as I stood up on the other side of the large wall surrounding the mansion. I glanced around and was torn between exploring the area and returning back and waiting until I was wearing something more appropriate for exploration.

I decided to look around now. It'd be better to get a bit used to the area now rather than later. The area on this side of the mansion was mainly forest, a small field that reminded me of a river seperating two forests before they met further away. I remained close to the wall and stayed on the edge of the forests. I'd get in trouble if I wrecked this dress.

The forest was really big and I bet if I looked around for long enough I could find a few poisonous herbs and take some seeds or berries myself. They'd probably let me grow my own if they were unaware of the fact that the were poisonous. It'd keep me busy and out of everyone's hair.

So far though, my search had turned up with nothing. At least on the right side of the forest.

⚘⚘⚘

After exploring the left side of the forest, I decided it would be best to return. If I wanted the window to remain unlocked, I would have to make sure no one knew I ever left. 

I crawled through the hole in the wall but stopped halfway through. 

Someone caught me.

⚘⚘⚘

A/N

I just wanted to say that Blair's huge change in attitude from the top is partly because I love snarky characters and also because of the effects of near death experiences. A lot of people have very sudden changes. I will explain a bit on Blair though. Blair knows that no matter what he does this time, he'll probably be hated. He also does not really fear death as much because from experience it just meant he'd be brought back to a younger version of himself.