Escaping Hunters

I hate whenever I black out unintentionally. I absolutely hate it. I always wake up disoriented and confused.

But I got to dream of Nory.

"So, is there like an unending energy source for you witches?" I asked as I watched Nora open a portal into a public library. She smiled and stepped through. I followed and the portal stayed open.

"There is a limit. And there are consequences if we don't practice." She walked around in search of a TV her and I could "rent" and some old VHS movies.

She continued, "If a witch doesn't use her magic for a while, she might just lose it, or it will take a long time for her to gain it back." She used a little flick of her finger to unlock a door marked OFF LIMITS TO VISITORS, EMPLOYEES ONLY and opened it.

"If we over exert ourselves which can happen very easily, then we must rest. Casting spells takes a lot out of us. Sometimes we need weeks to recover. If a witch is pregnant, she's at her weakest."

"That's funny, for a wolf it's the opposite. A female is usually strongest when she is pregnant."

"I know." She rolled a TV out of the room then walked over to the movies. "I'm hoping that when we have kids, I'll be super strong!" I laughed at how adorable she was being at the moment. As she looked at movies, I came up from behind and hugged her.

"I love you, Nora." She melted herself in my arms.

"I love you, too, Red." It was already Valentine's Day. Nora wanted to cuddle and watch an old movie. I couldn't refuse.

Once she had several John Wayne films picked out, we headed back to the cabin.

We ate Chinese food as we sat on the bed with the box TV in front of us on a rolling metal rack.

Nora poked my belly. "You're getting fat, Red."

"I'm getting bulky, there's a difference." She giggled and straddled me. I placed my cup of chai mein on the nightstand and placed my large hands on her hips. I stroked her back as we just smiled at one another. She kissed me and I kissed her in return.

Soon her shirt was off and mine too. I gripped her close to me knowing full well that bruises would be on her in the morning.

She slapped me and I gave her a confused look. Nora's never slapped me. She slapped me again as she was getting less and less clear in front of me. I gripped her harder but my fingers pinched my palms.

"Nora!" I called. But she was gone.

I opened my eyes and I was tied to a chair naked. I tried bursting the bonds but I was so weak and tired, and after seeing Nora in my dreams, I was missing her dearly.

I looked around and couldn't decide where I was. I didn't know the time of day or even smell anything. The room had a single bulb with a string hanging from it in the middle of the ceiling. There were no windows and the walls were made of some sort of cement. The door was large and metal. The room wasn't even about half the size of the cabin.

My body tensed when the door opened.

"Glad to see you're awake." A middle-aged man with crew cut hair, wearing a flannel with blue jeans and boots, came into the room. He wasn't a wolf.

"Where am I?" I asked with a snarl.

"Easy, everything is going to be alright."

"Tell me where I am before I rip your throat out."

The man smiled. "You're a wild animal."

"I didn't ask you to tell me what I am."

"So you admit it?"