The Ganeon

This story is perhaps only in the history books as a tragic case in history, but we must not forget who and how it happened.

In a mystical world, where magic flows as freely as rivers, legends and forbidden places abound. Among these tales is one of the seven kingdoms of Seron, united in an ancient bond. Each kingdom symbolizes a unique virtue: Rengo, nature; Warsa, loyalty; Ganeon, bonds; Fronhe, laws; Saul, fertility; Henn, freedom; and Otunm, creation. These lands, with a history rich in blood and betrayal, share an uneasy peace.

Ganeon, nestled in a remote valley surrounded by towering forests and rugged mountains, is the most populous of the kingdoms. Large wooden and brick houses stand against seemingly perfect castle walls. The kingdom is a haven for hybrids, humans, wizards, and elves alike. Its lively markets bustle with residents and wanderers. Children run gleefully in the streets, elders gossip on corners, housewives go about their daily chores, and men work the fields or patrol the cobbled paths. Birds fly freely above, messengers of good tidings.

Yet, Ganeon is also known as the cursed kingdom, encircled by the ominous Menzue Forest. This forest, draped in legends and lore, houses creatures of unimaginable horror. At the heart of Ganeon stands the palace, protected by the legendary Firefly's diamond, Syrge. This ancient gem, now a mere fragment of its former mountain-sized glory, casts an invisible shield that wards off dark forces. Its power has been harnessed for centuries, safeguarding the kingdom's inhabitants.

Among the people of Ganeon is Prince Scarde, the only son of King Ganeon Hezuga and Queen Felistil. The royal family resides in a magnificent glass-crystal palace, yet the prince's heart yearns for the freedom outside its walls. Often sneaking out to explore, Scarde mingles with his subjects, tasting the freedom denied to him within the palace confines. His parents, though protective, have grown weary of trying to contain his adventurous spirit, allowing him to roam the kingdom with one strict rule: he must not cross its borders.

On the morning of his 19th birthday, Scarde slipped out once more. He wandered through the lively streets, greeting familiar faces and savoring the vibrant life around him. However, as the sun dipped lower in the sky, he found himself on an unfamiliar path. The narrow, darkened trail led him toward the boundary of Menzue Forest. Fascinated rather than fearful, Scarde stood at the edge of the forest, his heart racing with a mix of excitement and dread.

He had heard countless tales of the Crystal Water Dragon, a creature said to grant fortunes in exchange for one's most treasured possession. His curiosity burned brightly, battling with the caution instilled by years of bedtime stories. Finally, with a resolute breath, Scarde turned back toward the palace, his decision made. For now, he would not enter the forest. But the allure of its mysteries had already woven its spell around his heart.