two »

"Louis dear I was looking for you everywhere." A feminine voice said from behind.

The three lads turned around and smiled at the woman that just stepped in the backyard, especially Louis.

"Anne!" He enthusiastically said as he got up of his seat. "You made it."

Yes, Anne. As Tomlinson's ex-boyfriend's mother Anne.

"Of course I did love." She replied, wrapping her arms around him. "The news was so shocking to hear. I always will have love for Johannah in my heart, and for you too. Whatever you need Louis, I'll be here for you, okay? It's not because you and my son are no longer together that I should stop caring about you. I loved you from the day I met you and always will."

She gave him a warm smile that he returned.

"Thank you Anne, it means a lot. Me and my mom have so much love for you too." He replied, scanning the room with his eyes which made the older woman sigh.

"He's not with me dear, and I don't think he can make it, he's in America. He wanted me to wish you my condolences and apologize on his behalf." She confessed with a low voice, looking elsewhere.

"Of course he can't come." He said after letting out a dry laugh. "Anyway, tell him thanks for me, not like he has my number and could have sent a simple text or anything." He continued sarcastically.

"Sweetheart I'm really sor-" He cut her off.

"It's okay Anne, it's not your fault. Never apologize for someone else's behaviour. You're here and that's what matters right?"

She nodded slowly, unconvinced.

"I'm- I'm gonna check on your sisters." She said as it was starting to get really awkward. "Take care of yourself honey."

"You too." He replied before she went back inside.

He took a deep breath before going back to his seat, under the confused gaze of Niall and Liam.

"He's not coming." Louis whispered, looking at the floor. "Disappointed but not surprised am I right?"

He turned his attention back to them when he got no answer, as they were both giving him an apologetic look.

"It's okay guys, I'm fine. I'm going to go get myself some water." He said, ready to get up.

"I'll get it for you, Lou." Niall suggested, getting out of his seat.

Louis nodded gratefully as the Irish one made his way to the kitchen. Once there, he grabbed a bottle of water for his friend and opened the fridge, searching for some soda for himself.

"Is this what you're looking for?"

Niall immediately turned around, knowing exactly who was talking to him.

He'd recognize his voice between millions.

"Cherry coke, your favourite." The other man said, handing him the drink.

"What are you doing here?" Horan spat, taking the soda right off his hands.

"Same as everyone here. Johannah passed away, I'm here to pay her my respect. Didn't expect to see me huh?"

"Zayn if you're here to cause drama then please leave. Louis is not well at all and he doesn't need you being an asshole." The younger one snapped, looking right at him.

"As I said, I'm here to pay my respect. I don't want to cause anything, I really liked her Niall and the news saddened me too." He explained in a more serious tone. "I'm also here to fix my friendship with Louis, that twitter beef was childish and I don't want us to be mad at each other anymore."