ch.3

after me and Caroline's chat with Tyler and possibly the end of both our relationships with him, I decided to spend graces 3rd birthday with him. I was back in time for Carolines birthday but she had some bad news.

Tyler had almost gotten Jeremy killed while I was gone, because of that bloody sire bond too Klaus. Jeremy was fine, but Alaric had died and almost for good. he came back thanks to his ring, that didn't help me feel much better. so I distracted myself with Carolines eighteenth birthday.

"Happy Birthday!" I yelled, walking into her room. Caroline groaned under her blanket. "come on, its time to get up."

Caroline say up, death staring me. "come on, don't give me that look, got you something," I said.

I sat down next to her with grace on my lap. I handed a box to the three year old. "can you give that to your aunt Caroline?" I asked. she nodded at me and handed it to Caroline. "thank you bug," I said to her. Caroline smiled at me and she opened it. me and my dad brought her a silver necklace with a C dangling from it. "thank you ash," she said as she leaned in to hug me.

"well, I picked it out and me and dad went halves on it," I told her while pulling away.

"I love you ash."

"I love you to care."

|

I walked outside, ready to head out and start the day. I was met with the one thing I didn't want to deal with today.

"will you please look at me?" Tyler asked.

I had walked over to my car without giving him a second glance. "you tried to kill Jeremy" I snapped.

"I-'

"NO, don't you even dare start on how I need to understand, you broke my sisters heart and you almost got our friend killed because of that stupid sire bond thing, so please, just leave me, my daughter and my sister alone," I said.

he grabbed my arm and I grabbed it back.

"bye Tyler," I told him

|

I then pulled up to to the Salvatore boarding school.

"Damon!" I called out to him. "I need a drink."

he then appeared behind me making me jump. "what's up blondie" he asked me.

"baby daddy issues," I told him. he passed me a glass of wine. "why'd you look so glum?" I asked.

"me and Elena kissed," he told me while taking sip of his wine.

"you WHAT!" I yelled

"shhhhh,"

"I am sorry its not everyday your best friend tells you that his brothers ex kissed him." I tell him.

"we are not talking about me we are now talking about you and your baby daddy."

"oh and don't forget he is sired to a guy who has a creepy stalker crush on me," I said while taking a huge sip of my wine.

"did you just say Klaus has a crush on you?" Damon asked.

"yep," I said.

"what's going on with you and Tyler," he asked again.

"he broke my sisters heart, he tried t kill Jeremy and he tried to lecture me," I complained.

"yep, I don't know how to help you there."

"mhm, I have to go me, bonnie, Elena and matt have to sort out Carolines birthday surprise because she didn't turn up at school but I be back later and we can get drunk," I told him.