Uɴᴏ ( Revamped)

UNO

Xaylie took the trash out of the garbage can before sweeping the floor. Xaylie's mother, Skylar, wanted the house to be clean before she gets off of work at seven-thirty-five. Everyday at seven o'clock Xaylie cleaned up the whole downstairs. While her older sister Storm did whatever in her room.

Walking outside, Xaylie shivered pulling up the zipper on her windbreaker. She closed the apartment door walking and headed down the stairs. Holding the heavy bag of trash she pulled down her shorts making her way over to the community trash bin that everybody in the apartment complex used.

"Damn you look so familiar." The boy who was sitting on his bike asked the sixteen year old girl. Xaylie rolled her eyes while throwing the heavy trash bag over her shoulder making it land into the garbage disposal. "Damn, You Storm lil sister? Ain't you?" The boy stated while eyeing her up and down. "No, My name is Xaylie." She spoke softly reaching in her pocket pulling out her pink colored hand sanitizer. Squirting a little in her hand, she looked over at the boy and said, " You want some?"

"Yea." He told her as he held his hand out and she gave him a small squirt because a little goes a long way. Both of them sat in a comfortable silence while they rubbed their hands together. The silence was short lived as the loud echo of her name being called, " Xaylie!" Stormi yelled from the front door while leaning over the balcony, " Bring yo ass inside!"

" I thought you said she wasn't your sister?" The boy questioned as he started pedaling his bike towards her designated complex. Xaylie rolled her eyes. It was annoying to her that everyone knew who her sister was. She wondered when people would just want to know her and who she was or what her interest was.

" No I didn't. I just said my name is Xaylie. Not Stomi's sister." The girl answered softly before rushing back into her apartment. Taking a deep sigh while she took off her windbreaker leaving her back in just her bra and shorts.

" Girl, why didn't you put on a shirt before going outside?" Stormi asked while closing the door behind her sister. Xaylie looked at her with a puzzled expression while taking in her sister's features as if it was her first time ever seeing her. Stormi possessed a radiant rich peanut colored complexion that was flawlessly smooth. A small yet striking beauty mark on the right corner of her mouth, adding a distinctive touch. Her lips were nice, with a rounded top lip that was slightly more prominent than the bottom. Accompanying these features was a button nose that she would scrunch up when irritated, along with captivating green eyes with an almond shape. Stormi was beautiful and was known as "The It Girl".

Xaylie released a long sigh, casually tossing her jacket into the hall closet. " I wasn't outside for long, I was just throwing out the trash." She remarked, pushing past her sister and heading back into the kitchen.

Stormi continued to express her concern. "I just don't want that image for you, Xay! It's bad enough that you're practically wearing shorts that show your whole entire ass."

" Is the image bad for me, or is it bad for you?" the younger girl dryly remarked. It was no secret that Xaylie lived in Stormi's shadow. The younger sibling had little for herself as her sister was consistently based in the limelight, participating in pageants and engaging in community work. Being known as the popular pretty popular girl with amazing friends and an outstanding single mom who makes ends meet for her little girl's dream.

" What? Girl, What the fuck is your problem? I'm your sister; I'm not against you! I want yout to get out more, open up to people, and have friends. You're only sixteen, and your life is boring! You think everybody hides you away, but it's you! You do it to yourself!"

" No, I don't! I try and make friends over and over, but nobody can see past me being 'Stormi's little sister'. And if somebody is my friend, all we talk about is you! All my teachers talk about is you! And how it was a pleasure teaching the infamous Stormi Reed. Not me. Mom doesn't talk about me with her coworkers; she talks about you! You're the golden child, and for you to shine, that means I have to be bland and boring, not living life. I bet you didn't even know that we had a school field trip to Atlanta, and all the sophomores went, but Mom said she couldn't let me go and give you money to run for stupid Ms. Senior. It's always about you and your image, so save the bullshit for somebody else."