4 ✕

i can't get over how supportive you guys are as readers *sheds tear*
much luv guys

Rose
"Here is a packet of rules concerning all the 'do's' and 'don'ts' for this class," Mr. Mason informed us, passing back a thick booklet full of words I already knew I would not be reading. Internally groaning I shoved it in my bag, accidentally brushing hands with Calum who was doing the same.
"S-sorry," I muttered awkwardly. But my skin couldn't help but feel...
electric. Like in the movies! His touch was purely shocking, sending sparks through my arm. Although I wondered if he felt the same about the way our touch magnetized.
"Don't worry about it babe," Calum chuckled and I swear my heart skipped a beat. Babe? Oh, dear Lord. This boy was going to be the death of me. Before I could rebut with a flirty comment the bell rang, and Calum had gotten up and left faster than I had hoped.
* * *
It being the first day of school, even at the end of the day, the halls were still bustling and crowded. Students were buzzing among each other at an attempt to reunite after the long summer and share new laughs. My eyes navigate their way through the cluster of teens in search of Melody.
"Rose!" A loud melodic voice shrieked, and I could've recognized it from a mile away.
"Mel!" I screamed back as I finally located her, engulfing her in a huge hug. Laughing wildly, she gave me a noogie, probably creating a dent in my head from how hard her fist was rubbing into it.
We were a different kind of best friends.
"What's got you so happy?" I asked her, genuinely intrigued. She was often the morbid, life-hating kind of person.
"Rose, you don't even understand," Melody began so seriously I almost started to worry.
"Please come over?" She pleaded, and by now I had realized that if she wanted me to come over, it probably was that important.
"Of course!" I smiled, and off we were to her majestic vehicle. (Which, btw, she had named Kirby.)
* * *
"You loser!" I screeched as Melody, yet again, missed the flying popcorn that was aimed for her mouth.
"I'm sorry!" She fake sobbed, causing us to burst into another fit of giggles.
Still laughing, I grabbed my phone and snuggled deeper into the couch we were lounging on in Melody's basement.
Staring dead into her eyes I spoke in the most serious tone I could manage,
"Real talk. Zac Efron or Dave Franco?"
"Totes obvi Zac. He's a total babe." Melody gushed in her best valley girl voice, but her answer resulted in me smacking her with a pillow.
"It's all about Dave, you idiot!" I furiously yelled, and we erupted in laughter. Oh how I adores our relationship.
"Melody what was that thing that was so important today anyway?" I asked once our laughter had died down.
"What? Oh, nothing..." She quietly replied, evidently trying to avoid the topic.
I violently shook her small body until she answered.
"Alright, alright!" Melody chuckled.
She opened her mouth to answer and my eagerness grew by the second at what could've made such a gloomy person so giddy.
"Calum Hood flirted with me!"

oh snap

aLSO SHAMELESS SELF PROMO:
plsssss check out my story Rejecting The Rules for #TheDuffContest and comment what u think!!!! it would mean a lot luv y'all
rmbr kids thug life not a sharp knife (idk???)
- obama aka indie aka ur mom