1 ✕

you can do this

you've been working hard

this is your year

I tried to give myself a mini pep talk, but was failing miserably if you couldn't see. Though, it was the effort that mattered, right? Right? I mean, I have been working on making my senior year perfect because I deserved this.This year was going to be my year. I was going to have it all. Finally.

Boys.

Beauty.

Popularity & admiration.

I know what you're probably thinking; "This girl is quite crazy."
But after ruthless years of fighting my way to the top of the student body from the lowest (and I mean lowest point), I was finally here.

Well- almost.

Due to the fact that the most intimate I've been with a boy was when Alex Thompson almost, almost, almost kissed me but I tripped backwards and twisted my ankle. So theres that. And beauty- well I didn't have a thigh gap, while I did have a little tummy, but I guess I wasn't ugly? But I wouldn't call myself beautiful either. I was insecure about how I looked from time to time, but who wasn't? But I tried not to care about that as much, since I considered myself a very social person and was friends with everyone from the geeks to the queen bees.

And I was finally one of them.

Giving my outfit one last look, I grabbed two pop tarts, a coke, my backpack, and my car keys running outside to my old red Volkswagen with a pop tart shoved into my mouth. Chugging down the coke, I drove to my nerdy best friend since third grade (when she helped me up after my flop kiss with Alex) Melody's house.

"Hey girl!" Melody laughed as she hopped in.

"Aye Mel?" I coolly smirked towards her as we zoomed to Just Another Cliche Sucky High School.

Once we finally got there I felt a little nervous. Perhaps I wasn't ready. Maybe I could rule the school in college? Yeah, I liked that idea better. My feet were in pools of sweat in my boots and I ran my cold hands through my curled hair again and again to keep from driving back home.
What if I everyone laughed at my attempt to popular?
What if everyone hated me?
What if I had a hate club?!
A myriad of horrid thoughts swirled my mind but I tried my best to shake the away.

"Are you coming, Rose?" Melody questioned staring at me pathetically.

"Y-yeah," I mumbled as my hand shakily reached over to the door handle and slowly pushed it open. I stepped outside and put on my glasses, smoothed out my dress, and fluffed my hair one more time.

I could do this.

Even if I was being cliche, I could do this.

Senior year here I come.

leggo bitches