Prolouge

"Why?"

That's what Jaune Arc thought to himself. Why. Why did this happen? Why did Pyrrha have to die? Why did his friends have to die? Why can't he stop this?

He was facing on Salem, the Queen of Grimm, who successfully destroyed not only his loved ones, but his Aura as well. Things aren't looking so good for the blonde knight.

He was bleeding heavily, his scars are everywhere from top to bottom, his hands are shaking when holding Crocea Mors, blood are trickling on his feet and ground. His armor is broken. His blue eyes glared at her with malicious intent.

"You best give up, human. Your little friends are dead now. You're the weakest of them all. I'm impressed that you can withstand that long. Too bad you will have to die. You don't deserve to become a Huntsman."

Her words pierced him hard. It's true. He was the weakest. Because he didn't trained to become a Huntsman. He faked his transcript to Beacon. His family never supported him to become a hero, but he proved them wrong.

"T-That's right. I'm not strong. I'm not the smartest, the most cunning, or the best leader."

Salem smirked. She had brought him to despair.

"But!" She was surprised by that.

"I'm no quitter."

She was confused.

"I never give up becoming a Huntsman. If Ozpin thinks that I belong in Beacon, then I am special." His speech was making her want to gag a little.

Unknowingly, his body began to flare up.

"I may not the most charming person, but I know how to control myself, knowing my mistakes. I remembered Ozpin told me: "Mister Arc, do you know why I placed you as the leader? He said:"

"Because you showed leadership, your wits are strong, you can control your team, you know your mistakes and fixed it. I saw what happened with you and Cardin. Out all of my years of being the headmaster, you are one of, if not the best student in my academy."

His body is glowing like a sun. Salem was not expecting this outcome. She never witnessed a powerful Aura before.

"That's why I, Jaune Arc, will defeat you! And that's an Arc's promise!!!" He pointed his sword at him.

His voice was filled with determination.

Then, a powerful shockwave coming out of him.

2ND SEMBLANCE UNLOCKED: LAST STAND!

Description: Last Stand is when Aura was depleted, but if the person's willpower is strong, and never giving their hope, they charged up their power to 200%. Nobody has ever achieved this.

Salem was shocked. The knight was suddenly powerful. But she kept her posture, she ordered her Grimms to attack him. 20 Nuckelavees charged.

Jaune puts his sword on his shield to activate into a two-handed claymore. Its golden glow travels to his weapon. He swung at them, and all of them are destroyed easily. He walked towards her slowly.

She ordered more of them. Jaune defeated them with one swing. She did it again, same result. For the first time in decades, she showed fear.

She used her tendrils at him, but then...

Shing!!!

He cut one of them, and another, and another, and another.

Swing after swing, he was getting closer. Salem never admit, but she was trembling in fear. Nobody is that powerful. Is this the power of Arc?