The World Seemed to Burn

DNF Week Day One: Royalty AU, Candles, and the line "You cannot kill me in a way that matters."

HELLO IM PARTICIPATING IN SHIT
so i posted this on like the 29th BUT IT WAS 12AM FOR ME SO THAT MEANS THAT IT WAS LIKE 11PM FOR SOMEONE SOMEWHERE OK IT STILL FUCKIING COUNTS

i didn't know what i was doing with this. i had a completely different plan and then it was like 11 PM and i was like "ok shit, this isn't going to work i need to cut this down."
if you want, tho, i could write a deleted scenes thingy to show the moments i wanted to show but didn't but idk this didn't get much tract, now that it's been a few hours.

anyway, random notes!! :D
- HAHAHAHA I LITERALLY WAS THE BEST WII SPORTS PLAYER EVER I BEAT MY BROTHER SO MUCH HAHAHAHAHAHA IM BETTER THAN JSCHLATT, BITCH (nah, i was playing against my fucking 8 yr old brother this is what my life has come to sobs)
- who's kacey?
- special thank you to my irl fish fortnite friend that i mentioned in the last oneshot for keeping me motivated (somewhat) and supporting me while i was writing this
- CAN I GET SOME POGS IN THE CHAT FOR THAT SAME FISH FORTNITE FRIEND WHO FINALLY GOT THE FISHSTICKS SKIN THANK YOU, THANK YOU
- i made some mashed potatoes the other day for dinner and they tasted SO GOOD!!!!!
- hehe i get to make some ramen today bc we had steak last night (in my family, if we have steak or smth we make ramen the next day so we can use the left over meat in the soup)
- my dad found out about ao3 and now he wants to see what ppl comment i pray he won't figure out how this site works sobs sobs sobs

anyway i hope you enjoy my contribution for dnf week!!! :D

~donut

The boy was scrawny and young. He had blond hair and a strange white porcelain mask, with a tall lanky body. He walked as if he ruled the lands, as if he knew his purpose, his reason for being on this Earth, the role he was meant to play for the universe. He spoke with meaning and he oozed confidence out of every word he uttered,

George hated the boy.

A commoner, he was. From another kingdom, no less, yet he talked and he walked and he acted as if he owned the place.

"I come in peace," he said to his father, who watched him with a stone-faced expression. The guards surrounding them all had their hands on the hilts of their swords. One wrong move and the boy would be done for.

"What is it that you want with our kingdom?" George's father asked, his face betraying no emotion. Any outsider who could come across the scene might've been intimidated by the tension in the air, and the way both figures carried themselves with authority. George knew better. The only man who was truly in charge here was his father.

"I offer an alliance," the blond explained, "I can offer insight on the Emerald kingdom's plans for war."

"So they do plan to go to war with us?"

He nodded his head solemnly. "Yes, your majesty."

"And how would you obtain this insight you claim to have?"

The boy looked up. "I am one of the head knights of the castle. I help plan the battles themselves."

Murmurs broke out amongst the crowd. For the first time since showing up to the gates of the castle, the blond looked rather uncomfortable, shifting his feet subtly. George decided it was a rather nice look on the boy.

The king's eyes narrowed. "How can we trust you?"

The boy sighed, and looked down to his feet. After a moment, he spoke. "The rulers of the Emerald kingdom are ones that are not meant to rule. They are greedy and they have no shame for it either. Citizens are slaughtered daily for the entertainment of the royal families. Our rights have been lost. Taxes climb exponentially. There is no more hope for the ones who rule."