8

Chapter 8-

"I win!" I squeal, almost falling off the sofa, as I won the same game for the third time in a row- meaning, I was the overall winner!

"Okay. Enough games. I need to make dinner," Eomma announced while getting up and stretching a little- small clicks could be heard if you were listening carefully- then headed to the kitchen.

After about twenty seconds, I picked my phone back up and started scrolling through my photos. A small voice came from the kitchen asking, "Should we have gimbap or bolgogi?"
I thought for a moment, deciding on the latter, calling back, "Bolgogi!"

I landed upon a certain photo of me, Jimin and Hoseok at the arcade. Jimin helped Hobi find a good way to ask me out. It was so cute. He was all nervous and blushing. Even Chim seemed a little off that day. I guess it was the nerves of being found out.
But most of that was forgotten once the games were in sight. We had spent hours in there, before we all had to go home as it was getting late.

When I came back to reality there was a smile painted onto me face. Dinner was also ready by this point. I switched my phone off and tried to walk over.
I held onto the wall and went slowly. Eomma decided to come help once I'd reached the kitchen wall. I put my arm around her shoulder and hers around my waist as I tried to get some strength into my legs again.

This time, we went to the dining room. The legs of the table were a mirror-like metal crossed into an 'X' shape with a single bar to balance it. The floor was grey with a white rig the match the countertop of the table- which had a marble pattern to it. On top- other than our food- was a succulent plant in a round black pot. The chairs a grey- same as the floor- were cushioned all over. The walls, too, were grey- darker than the rest- held a white shelf holding cookbooks, plants and other things I couldn't recognise but guessed to be her parents' things. A metal chandelier hung from the ceiling. Each light curling upwards, making them look like candles from afar.

I was seated on the chair closest to the kitchen with Eomma opposite me. The food had already been laid out onto the table. The smell of the food was so good. Eomma had always been a good cook so I didn't doubt, for a second, that it would taste good.

Every mouthful tasted better. I couldn't get my head around how someone could make something that tasted to nice. I was more that nice! It was
A-MA-ZING!

A few minutes passed as we ate in a comfortable silence, enjoying the presence of each other and our food.

"Hey, Yoongi?" She called, breaking the silence.

"Yes, Eomma?" I replied, lifting my head to look at her.

"I want you to start eating more. You're too skinny and it's not healthy," she started, taking our plates to the sink. "You don't need loads but enough to fill you."
I nod in response before verbalising it.

As I went to stand up, Eomma came back in with a dessert. She brought two bowls, a big plate of pumpkin pie, a tub of mint choc chip ice-cream and spoons. Mint choc chip was my favourite and I loved pumpkin pie.
I scooped up three big scoops of ice-cream with a large slice of pumpkin pie. Quickly placing a bite of ice-cream in my mouth. Loading some pie onto my spoon, readying it for eating. I continued eating then at a pattern of one then the other.

It wasn't long before I was having my third portion as we watched 'Riverdale'. I wanted to show Eomma because she likes scary things. I must have fallen asleep because I barely remembered any of it. But that's fine because I'd seen it at Hoseokie's house. Plus, I had my top removed and a blanket over me. Eomma must have done it when I'd fallen asleep.

I looked to my left to find my phone sitting in the multi-tiered coffee tables it was wooden and had multiple shades of brown streaking around it, making it look very realistic. It had been smoothed over and glossed so it was harder to break and so people couldn't get splinters.

I had a message from Eomma. It read:

Eommaniiiiii

I've just popped out to the shops. I'll be back in 20. Anything you want?

I replied with a simple 'no thanks', before closing the tab and opening a game. I got bored quite quickly so I opened 'YouTube' and watched blooper reels from 'The Lord of the Rings'.

A knock came to the door, making me jump in surprise. As I was surprised on who it could be, I checked the time and saw it was that it had been thirty minutes since I'd replied to Eomma's message. I jumped up from the comfy, grey sofa- much to my dismay- and dashed to the door, opening it to see Eomma soaked in rain.
I thought you were meant to be nice today, weather. Not sad and rainy.

Eomma rushed in, discarding her wet jumper. She tossed it to the side and ran upstairs, Lilly getting a warm and dry one. I grabbed two bags but dropped one quickly as it pained my arm. Instead, I carried one in both hands. This still hurt but it wasn't too bad.
Once I'd run two over to the kitchen, Eomma appeared downstairs again.

As I went to pick up the third and final bag, she rushed over and carried it there herself while telling me to 'sit my ass down', I laughed and did as I was told, plopping down onto the barstool, resting my chin on my palms.

Before the food was ruined Eomma put all the food away in the cupboard, fridge and freezer. She started with the freezer food but she swiftly moved on to the fruit and vegetables, putting them into their respected drawers.
Then came the meat and dairy products. They had their own draw that went along the bottom of the fridge. Although the milks were placed into the door shelves.
Next was cupboard food, such as crisps and cereal. They were done pretty quickly as it wasn't much of a hassle to make sure everything would fit. We didn't have much to put in the cupboard anyway.

A/N: ignore Jin in the picture...