Chapter 46 - You ruined that too

Harry's POV

"Khushi, I invited someone." 

Her smile turned into a confused one as soon as the words fell out of my lips. 

"Babe, you invited absolutely everyone here." She said giggling.

"I meant someone else" I said nervously.

"Who?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows.

"Didi!! Come heree! We need to take our bridesmaid pictures!" Jaya shouted tugging her arm.

"I'll just meet whoever it is when he or she comes. Okay J! Stop pulling!" She said immediately turning her attention to Jaya.

And hopefully our first fight won't be on the day of our wedding.

The day went by really quickly with all the photos and us meeting each other's friends and family

Soon enough, it was time for our first dance as husband and wife.

"It's finally time for their first dance! Give it up for Mr. and Mrs. Styles!!" 

And as on queue, our song 'A Thousand Years' started playing and I watched her eyes fill with tears of joy. 

"You didn't actually think this wouldn't be our first dance song." I said smiling.

"I didn't expect you'd remember." She said smiling.

"I remember everything when it comes to you. Cause you always remember the best thing that ever happened in your life." I said smiling.

"This better stay the same a few years later." She said giggling.

I didn't say anything and just kissed her. Everyone cheered.

"Hope that answers your question

"Hope that answers your question." I whispered with my forehead against hers.

"I love you, Styles." She said smiling.

"I love you, my Mrs. Styles." I said kissing her forehead and slowly walking out of the dance floor.

As we walked hand in hand, the one person I dreaded for her to meet was standing right in front. 

"Hey there." 

And immediately I saw Khushi's expressions turn from joy to anger. 

"Why didn't you tell me you invited Kendall to our wedding?!" She screamed at me and I didn't have the guts to look into her eyes again.

"She's my friend, Khushi. I have to or else she'd feel bad." I tried defending myself which earned a scoff from her.

"If you remember everything when it comes to us, you'd remember what SHE did too. How she tried to split us so she'll have you all to herself. And you invite that same woman to our wedding?!" She screamed and right now we were gaining attention.

"I really changed, Khushi. He just wanted to prove that there's no one else but you. I learnt that the hard way." Kendall said which seemed to anger her even more.

"I wasn't speaking to you, Kendall. Harry, this was the only day I really wanted to remember being perfect. You ruined that too. Thank you." She said storming off.

"Khushi!" I called out.

"I think it's better if I handle it, jiju. I don't think she'd want to see you right now. I can't believe you did that one thing you knew would upset her." Jaya said to me before she went to Khushi.

"You should've told her, Harry. Now I am the reason for everything go bad between you two. Again." Kendall said a tear dropping down her cheek.

"Kendall, I honestly thought this could be a new beginning for all of us. I wanted to give you a chance to redeem yourself. So I thought I'd just invite you on a day where she's her happiest." I said.

"Harry, are you even listening to yourself right now? A wedding is the most special day of absolutely everyone's life. And you thought we'd try to talk on her most special day about a fight that would've destroyed this. You humiliated not just her but me also. I'm leaving now. Bye, Harry." She said before she left. 

I felt defeated at that moment. I sat on the bench nearby when everyone was just talking about what a big mistake I just did. 

I'm so stupid.

"Hey." Matt said sitting next to me.

"If you're going to lecture me on what a big mistake I did, please stay in line. I'm sure the whole guests want to do just that." I said gutted.

"You didn't do anything wrong." He said which caught me off guard. 

"What do you mean? I ruined her special day." I said frustrated.

"No you didn't. Remember it was your special day too. I don't think it was that bad to invite an old friend to your wedding." He said.

"An old friend who was my ex and who tried to break our relationship. It was definitely bad and I didn't think that much." I said frustrated.

"But that same friend feels guilty for what she did. She realized her mistake. And Khushi. Khushi just jumped to her conclusion without even hearing what you have to say." He said and I sighed.

"She has the right to do that, Matt. After all, I decided to just bring on of the person she can't absolutely stand even breathing the same air as she does to the day she wanted to remember as the most perfect day." I said feeling guilty.

"She has the right to feel angry. But she has no right to just humiliate you in front of everyone. Couldn't she have done this behind a closed door? Why does she have to ruin your reputation? She always loved to do that didn't she?" He said and I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean she always loved to do that?" I asked.

"Didn't she reject you in front of a whole crowd at Ethan's wedding? Didn't she leave you that day without an explanation? You do remember all the drama that was going online when people came to know. It died down when she came back into your life but still. Your life was good before she decided to come." He said and I didn't answer. 

"I've always told you to stay away from her. But now since you married her, it's your life now. I don't have a say in this anymore. But you inviting Kendall wasn't a mistake. Maybe marrying Nandini was." He said and I shook my head.

"No. Khushi is the best thing that ever happened to my life, Matt. I won't regret ever marrying her." I assured him.

"This is your love for her talking. Not your logical side of the brain. Right now you're blinded by your love for her. One day you'll realize what I said was right." He said getting up.

No. She loves me just as much as I love her. 

But now why does it feel like I was wrong about her? 

Author's Note: What do you think about the update hmm??? Let me know in the comments. 

All the love, V. xx