Day 8 (Theme: Festival)

SHINING IN THE STARLIGHT

"Do you want to attend the lantern festival with me?"

Chaeyoung oddly asked Mina as they are currently in the Myoui's terrace at 10 in the evening, both don't want to sleep yet, even if Mina's parents told them to sleep already.

"That's... random? Where?"

"The lantern festival is literally coming here, you know? It's THE season already"

Mina laugh at her girlfriend and taps her shoulder.

"I know. You don't have to be that serious. You know that I'll always be coming with you wherever you go, right?"

"Right. But I always want to make sure that you'll go with me because you know? You might get used to our random trips already just because I'm bored and such..."

Mina's soft hands met Chaeyoung's cold ones and it immediately made the latter feel the concern in her girlfriend.

"No matter how many times I'll say this to you, I will always remind you that I will not get tired of you, my forever baby"

The sweetness in Mina's voice makes Chaeyoung just melt down in Mina's arms and they cuddle at the coldness of the night. It's moments like this where they feel safe and protected the most because of the assurance they give each other.

When the day of the lantern festival eventually comes and they decided to just see each other on the actual site of the festival (because they are coming from different sides of the city and it will be a waste of time if one of them will pick the other one up as there are expected traffic jams), they had a hard time finding each other because of the large crowd.

"Baby, you're too tiny, I can't see you"

Mina giggles in the phone call while still raising her mint green handkerchief and she can hear her girlfriend being grumpy just because of her teasing in the middle of the afternoon.

"Even if I can't see you right now, I can still hear your scoffs, Ms. Son"

"Agh, why do I even love you, Myoui?"

"Just because you love me. End of argument. Now, where is my little baby at?"

Chaeyoung knows that no matter how many times Mina tease her with her height, she will still go back to being the sweet and lovely girlfriend to her as she should, and so she continues to wave her red handkerchief as high as she can until she saw someone familiar to her, walking in her direction.

"Baby, what are you wearing today?"

"Me? Hmm a yellow maxi dress, why?"

The younger was actually stunned by the beauty of the girl slowly walking in her direction, waving a mint green handkerchief.

Here's the thing: there's a whole bunch of people in front of Chaeyoung—little boys and girls, grandparents, Moms and Dads, students, employees wearing different types of colors in their clothes, but most of it is yellow, mustard, and the similar colors, however, not to be biased, her girlfriend shines the most and it feels like Mina is walking straight out of a Korean drama because of her simple yet classy style.

Chaeyoung just knows that she loves everything about Mina. Everything. Every little thing.

Everything she does, even with just breathing, never fails to make Chaeyoung in awe because everything about the girl is just so perfect and she is just so glad to be with Mina in this lifetime (and hoping for more lifetimes with her, as well).