"Secrets of the Heart"

The end. Or is it?
Under the darkness of the night, I slipped out of the house.
I had nothing but a gym bag full, of items.
Where was I going?
What was I doing?
What would I achieve?
I wasn't entirely sure, but at that moment it didn't matter. I just had to get away from life as I 'knew it' and go from there.
It was 2am when I finally reached Yuma station. The place was barren and soulless. Few people were so desperate as to catch a night train. I looked around for a timetable. Of course, there was none.
"Excuse me?" I asked a lady, "do you know when the next train is departing?"
The lady remained motionless and speechless. I observed that she wore a long, black coat, even though it was late May, black, high boots, a large, black hat and black sunglasses.
"It is leaving at 3:49," came a sudden, slow reply. I was so startled, I almost yelped in surprise. She remained motionless, but I knew it was her reply I heard.
"That's a bit of an odd time," I slowly remarked, "Do you know where it's going to?"
This time she was more willing to talk,
"My dear child, everything in this world is strange, starting from you and me. Nothing ever really adds up. And I don't know where it is going to, I'm just going along with the ride."
Immediately, I could tell from her accent she wasn't a typical person from Colorado. I didn't even think that she was American, but I didn't really care. Although she couldn't see me with her back turned, I nodded and walked away slowly, trying to find myself an occupation of less....eeriness.
At last, the train arrived and I could tell by the little sign at the front that it was going to Wisconsin.
I found my seat and began to sit comfortably, until the lady reappeared again and sat next to me.
"We meet again," she said, as the train left the station, "and I don't think it will be the last time we meet."
Feeling slightly scared, I nodded and stared at the seat straight in front of me. Before I knew it, I was asleep.
When I woke up, I felt very uncomfortable. I was about to call for my mom, but stopped myself when I remembered what had occurred.
I'm going to find my mom.
Next to me, the lady was munching on some breakfast. I yawned and curled up again, looking at my watch.
"We're in Iowa now," the lady said, "we should be reaching Wisconsin just after noon."
"Thank you," I mumbled, before falling asleep again.
It was 1:15pm, when we reached our destination.
Bear Creek, Wisconsin.
Now I had to find some shelter.
I couldn't find anything, so I settled down on the sidewalk. Almost immediately, I caught the attention of a younger girl of about 19.
"Are you by yourself?" she asked.
"Yes." I replied.
"Where are your parents?"
"I....I don't know."
"You can't stay here. I'll take you to where I work, I'm sure there'll be a spare bed there."
The young girl led me to an orphanage.
"Sandra!"
"Yes?"
"Can you come to the office? We have a new kid."
*
Soon a woman of about 40, came into the office.
"Kasey! What did I say-"
"But I couldn't just leave her-"
"Ok! Alright! She's here now, there's no going back. She's quite big, I'm sure she'll be no trouble, and we have 2 spare areas anyway. Do you know her name?"
"No..."
"Well what are you waiting for? To make up a name for her? She's not an object!"
"I'm sorry Sandra."
"It's fine. I'm sorry about the slight sarcasm."
Turning to me she said,
"Sorry about the rough start."
Before I knew what I was saying I replied, "Trust me, I had more rough starts, and ends, and in betweens."
"What's your name?" asked Kasey.
Pondering whether to give my fake or real name, a voice in my head said, You won't solve anything by pretending to be someone who doesn't exist.
"Adrianah." I stated. "Adrianah Athanasiadis."
"Wait, Kasey," said Sandra, "didn't a couple come in a few months back asking about a girl of about 15 by that name?"

End of Part I