Chapter 10 - Peace of Mind

—JENNIE—

It was six in the evening when we finished exploring the prefecture. We went straight to our Airbnb as we were exhausted from the tour. It was two degree Celsius outside, evident that it was getting colder by night.

"Lisa-yah, are you hungry? You want us to drop by a restaurant and have dinner?" I asked the tall blonde girl.

"Nah, I think it's better for us to eat at our Airbnb tonight. Let's just buy our food in 7 and I?" She asked me.

"Yeah okay, I think that's a good idea. I want some Salmon Onigiri and Strawberry Milk." I brought out my gummy smile.

"And Ice cream too?" She suggested.

"Yes! Of course!" I exclaimed.

We held hand in hand as we approached the convenience store just outside the subway station.

We grabbed the snacks we want and Lisa paid the bill for us. She carried our stuff on the way out.

"Let me carry some" I offered.

"Nah, don't need. I can handle it." She replied.

"But Lisa, I also want to serve you. Don't treat me like a princess. I want shared responsibility in us." I looked at her, worried by visible in my face.

She looked at me. I can't read her face.

"Wow, okay Jennie... I never thought you'd say that. I think I'm just used to my previous relationships that I always do the 'guy' things you know." She expressed.

"Well, in our case, I don't want that. We are still both women. So we should share the responsibility. We will not identify in ours who's the guy or whose the girl." I explained looking at her seriously as I was serious in these kind of things.

"Okay, Nini." She kissed me on the forehead.

"Nini?" I asked, my eyebrow creased, denotes confusion.

"Jen-NIE. Nini. That's what's I'm going to call you. One of my endearments to you." She winked at me.

"Okay so you're Lili to me!" I exclaimed. There was excitement visible in my eyes.

"Yah! That's cute, Nini!" She gave me her sweet smile.

"My Lili, give me a kiss!" I pouted and leaned towards her. I was in my toes.

She leaned down to reach me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Hmmm" I moaned.

"I want you later tonight, my love" I pleaded.

"Yes, very much" she answered, her eyes were sparkling.

...

We returned to our Airbnb with our grocery. Our room is small, there's only one bed, a couch, a kitchen, a dining table for two and a bathroom. We settled down our things. I placed our food in the fridge and brought out only the ones we're going to eat tonight. Lisa's having noodles and a beer while I'm gonna munch on Onigiri and my Strawberry Milk. I placed our ice cream in the freezer. While preparing our dinner, Lisa went to the bathroom to take a shower.

It's amazing how Lisa and I are so in sync with each other. We are definitely still strangers. We only know the personality of each based on what we are showing but our history, previous relationships, childhood, and family, we know a glimpse but not the whole story. Nonetheless, we act as if we have been best friends for long. Well best friends with intimacy I guess.

I sat on the couch when I finished preparing our dinner. I noticed that Lisa did not pick out her sleepwear before going to the bathroom. So I opened her luggage and picked out a white PJs. I placed her PJs near the bathroom door so she does not need to go out and pick it out herself. I also brought out my nightgown. This time, I'm wearing a black nightgown. It was made of silk and has long sleeves. I decided to wear this just undies on.