Freedom Via A New Mission

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

This is the last chapter of what I have written so far~  I hope you've enjoyed it so far!

I want to watch the Movie before writing the next chapter so do not expect the next chapter until the Movie is released either on DVD or Streaming services because I want to compare the manga to the 'anime' to what I have in mind for the chapter. So...I don't know when the next chapter will come out. I believe the movie will be released in June, so most likely this story will be updated in July. Please bear with me.

Again, any misspellings, please point them out for me. And please, don't be afraid to leave a comment of any kind~ I'm not mean at all.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

If there was one aspect of the Demon Slayer Corps that nobody took any appreciation for, it was the administration work. At least that's what Shinobu thought to herself as she finished writing up the list of all Slayers who had died within the last month. Such as the Corps was a privately funded operation and to keep a lower profile, there were very few bookkeeping positions; you could count the number on one hand. Her sister – rest her soul – had not only dedicated her life to become a Pillar, but the official Demon Slayer Records Keeper, and that included keeping track of medical records. Including injuries, death dates, who died during Final Selection, number of fatalities, and so on. It was not an easy task, as the records went back a thousand years. No record of any Demon Slayer was ever discarded for any reason, even if the slayer in question was discharged or turned into a demon themselves. The rooms that held the records was...daunting at first but a particular obsessive individual from generations past made the records fairly simple to navigate, but even now the rooms were getting full.

When her sister died, it would have been sensible to simply have another individual take care of the records full time, but it only seemed natural for her to step into her sisters' place and take on the role as well. After all, it was all a matter of time management and her sister was...had been an expert at that. She sometimes wondered what it was like for the one who ran the budget for the Corps, now that was a job you couldn't pay her enough for. There was a gentle knocking on her door that pulled her from her musings.

"Come in," she said as she closed the book, and turned towards the door. She instantly stood up out of her chair then knelt onto the floor when she saw who it was entering the room.

"Master Ubuyashiki," she said respectfully while keeping her gaze away, "it is wonderful to see you here again so soon. I hope your health is fairing well."

"Thank you Shinobu," he said as he 'looked' towards her, "it has been," he paused for a moment to take in a breath that came out as a tired sigh, "manageable for the moment. If I remember right, this is the records room, correct?"

"Indeed Master," Shinobu said looking up at him, "I just finished with last month's death count." She couldn't help notice the slight frown that appeared on his face.

"How unfortunate, I understand last month was a particularly high number. You do so much around this estate, between your Pillar duties you have your research, the medical wards, and the record-keeping," he tilted his head slightly, "I'm sure you would like some help with the records?" He seemed to be hinting at wanting to hire a secretary for her, but Shinobu simply waved a hand with a smile.

"Oh no," she said with the same smile she always carried, "it's no trouble at all! I can handle the records just fine, it's all a matter of time management in the end." Ubuyashiki quietly hummed at her answer but didn't see any need to push it any further for the moment.