|10|

Anika was sobbing continuously as her burnt hands were paining and the pain of hurting Shivaay was more painful than any pain

Suddenly she heard a knock on the door. Anika looked at the door with confusion. She slowly stood up from the floor and opened the door. As soon as she opened the door, She was shocked to see Shivaay standing there.

He came back with a bottle of lemonade and some fruits.

A- Shivaay sahab?

S- Yes. Me. Aren't you getting late for your exam? Come on.

Shivaay went inside and set the fruits and bottle of lemonade on the kitchen counter.

He took a plate and a glass and served the fruits and lemonade and forwarded it to Anika while she was looking at him with teary eyes.

A- Why? I treated you so badly still you're here, helping me.

Anika asked him while crying. Shivaay looked at her with a smile.

S- Because I won't leave you alone, no matter whats the situation. You were angry, frustrated, I understand and you needed to let it out. I'm happy that you chose me. You can do whatever you want with me, share whatever you want with me. I can be your friend, your punching bag, anything but please don't suffer the pain alone. Now will you tell me what happened?

Anika burst into crying and showed her burnt palms to Shivaay. Shivaay held her hands and was seething in anger.

S- who did this?

A- Nobody will understand us here. They're orthodox people and when they saw us getting close, they thought that it's a threat to their prestige. And the thing is this is not the first time.

Shivaay looked at her and tried to control his anger. Anika was crying.

A- how will I write my exam? It's paining.

Anika said and Shivaay's eyes softened.

S- Wait here.

He immediately rushed out of the house and came back with a tray of ice and an ointment.

A- From where did you get this ointment?

S- I always carry a first aid box with me.

Anika nodded her head and Shivaay gently held her hand and rubbed ice cube on the wound. Anika winced in pain and Shivaay blew on the wound.

He then gently applied ointment on her palms and Anika sighed on the coldness of the ointment.

S- and done.

A- But how will I give exam?

S- You can tell me the answers and I'll mark it. It's an online exam so it won't be a problem. You just tell me where is your iPad?