|2|

It was evening when Anika was preparing Tea for everyone

She served tea to Everyone and headed towards baldev, who was doing hookah while sitting on the swing and talking to someone on phone.

Anika served tea to him and he glared at her angrily as he hates when Anika shows her face to him. Anika immediately covered her face with her saree and her eyes got teary.

Anika was sitting while cleaning the raw rice when she heard Baldev's happy voice.

B- Anuradha, decorate the house nicely. Some guests are coming from city to buy a plot here and they'll be staying here. They'll be here tomorrow morning.

Anuradha and Parul squealed in excitement.

P- Wow Jiji. I've to get Ready. I'll put on the orange lipstick which I bought in the village fair.

An- Yes and I'll wear that shimmer saree of mine.

Anuradha then turned too look at Anika, who was smiling after seeing everybody so happy.

An- Oye! Bad omen, why are you smiling like a fool? Didn't you hear what Sarpanch sahab said? Go and clean the house. Everything should be on point. After all, its the matter of our respect.

Anika nodded her head and started cleaning the house with the help of Reeti.

It was almost 6 when Anika was about to go to her hut as it was her time to eat and she couldn't eat after 6.

She was hurrying towards her hut as her stomach was growling with hunger after all the work she did today but she was stopped by Anuradha.

An- Oye! Where are you going after leaving all the work pending?

Anika bowed her head.

A- Maaji, it is time for me to eat. I'll be back after eating.

Anuradha looked at the clock and then at Anika's weak and tired stature.

An- Okay go. I don't want you to die on me otherwise the whole village will blame us for torturing you.