1} Transported to a Fantasy World

The sound of someone humming as they walked through the thick forest blended beautifully with the chirping birds and the whispers of the trees as the soft wind flew by. The sound of small rocks and twigs being crushed under the pressure of said person's feet was very faint as they looked at the map they held in their somewhat gloved hands.

He reread the map in an attempt to reassure himself that he was going the right way. He stopped humming and began to talk to himself. "Hmm. The ruins should be just up ahead if I follow this path." He thought out loud."I hope I can bring some back more human artifacts this time, I wouldn't want to anger Master Rusia again..." The blonde elf laughed nervously at the not-so-old memory that had resurfaced.

He continued to walk towards his destination and began humming again, only for it to switch from a tune to a hum of confusion once he noticed a figure laying on the forest floor, unmoving. "Oh, a girl? He asked no one in particular. "Is she napping?" He approached the girl with caution, not wanting to scare her if she were to wake up.

"Hello...?" He called out. No answer, he tried again. "Um, excuse me," he began, talking to the girl who still laid unconscious "you really shouldn't just be lying out in the forest alone like this. I mean, what if I was a bandit, not that I am a bandit. I'm actually an explorer and researcher. I'm out here because...because..."

The blue eyed elf sighed to himself as the realization that he was speaking to a girl that obviously can't hear him. "I'm talking to a sleeping person." He continued. Unbeknownst to him, the girl's hand twitched as she began to stir awake.

__

A quiet groan escaped my lips and my body felt sore all over- wait. I shot my eyes open and used my arm to help lift me up enough to look around and my other hand pushed my body so I wouldn't fall on my face.

I barely took notice of the startled male figure beside me. I'm not dead? But how? Actually, where am I?! I laid on my side with my upper body reclining on my lebow.

"Ah!" My attention was brought back to the blonde. "Um, hi." He seemed flustered by my sudden awakening but continued to explain. "Uh- Sorry. I saw you napping and I just wanted to check on you. I'm not a thief or anything. I'm, uh-" I guess I didn't calm down yet since he noticed my panicked expression.

"Hey, are you okay? You look kind of distressed." I took a deep breath before looking back at him. "Where...am I?" I asked, unsurely.

"Where are you?" He repeated. I nodded. "Oh! You're in Verdun wood forest near the Verdun wood ruins." It was by now, my breathing began to slow, he didn't seem like a threat. For now. But what's Verdun wood? I don't think that place exists. "Is this Earth?"

"Mmm...I've never heard of a country called "Earth" before." This made my stomach twist in fear and confusion as my mind raced with thoughts. "No, you're in Mistran right now, in the outer lands of the kingdom of Alcea." The unidentified male continued.

"Um, are you okay?" He asked again. "You seem really confused. Did you hit your head or something? Is that why you were laying out here?" He interrogated as he stepped closer. He didn't seem to have bad intentions, just wanted to help at least. I sat up into a more comfortable position of sitting with both legs stretching out while my arms kept me from falling back. "I think so..." I said under my breath.

"Here, let me check your head." He got close enough to crouch down next to me. I took this as the cue to get my hair out of the way. I sat up properly, no longer leaning on my upper limbs and reached to collect all my hair with both hands to make a low ponytail after tucking any loose strands behind my ears. "Maybe you have a fever or something-"

Just as I was about to begin tying my hair, the blonde let out a shaky gasp and fell back, instinctively throwing his hands behind him to stop his fall. I immediately snapped my head towards him as he stared at me in disbelief. "What? What is it?" I asked, panicked. Is there something behind me? Whipping my head behind me and did a quick scan, I looked back at him when he spoke.