History Lesson

for my bb Gayness_be_Intense

i loved writing this

Modern au??

Zhongli x Childe

art: @ Qing11502143 on twt

----------------------------------

Childe 1st Person POV

     Finally, after all this being stuck inside and having to move in different positions I'm free. It won't last long but at least I have it now. Maybe I can finally get a proper look at Liyue instead of just the scenic views.

     This jacket and headband should keep people from noticing me...Right?? Being famous isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Too many girls come tackling me at first glance.

     Down at the dock the fishmongers seemed to have large fish. I've seen larger so that isn't much, I guess. That Wanmin Restaurant seemed to have the largest food selection here. The toy seller had some things, too. Maybe Teucer would want something?

     I'm just wondering around every corner at this point. A big building that comes into view seems interesting, though. When I walk closer it turns out to be a museum. A museum in Liyue? It's bound to have cool relics, I'm sure.

     I walked in and the place looked way bigger on the inside than out. To my surprise there wasn't very many people here, at least that lowered my chances of being noticed. Maybe I underestimated the size of this place when I said that 'it's bigger on the inside'. I'm completely lost and couldn't find my way out if I tried.

     A tall man walks over to me, he has long, dark colored hair. His face seemed to scream confidence and authority. He's actually really hot now that I see him closer. Wait, what if this is just someone that noticed who I am? Should I leave without saying anything. It's too late now with him right in front of me.

     "You seemed lost," he said after stopping. "You noticed, huh?" I replied, scratching the back of my neck. "It was obvious with you looking around everywhere with confusion on your face. Plus, not many young people like you actually come here knowing any lay out of the place." He answered. He's not saying anything about who I am, and he's probably the only guy that'll help me.

     "What's your name?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "What?" I asked. "I asked what your name is." He repeated, I guess I had to answer the man. "Uh...It's Tartaglia, code name Childe! Just call me Childe out here in public."

     Why did he look so confused? "Why would I call you by a code name and not your actual name?" Wait was he serious? "Do you not know who I am? My name is Tartaglia. Ring a bell?" I asked, genuinely curious. "Are you some sort of celebrity that wondered in here?" He asked, sounds like he asked this question before. "Yeah, you don't know me??" Someone who doesn't know me? That's new.

     "Too many of you celebrities walk in here, expecting every individual to know you." I guess this was a famous hiding place. "Well, I mean I did expect most to know I'm kind of Mr. Worldwide, y'know?" For once I'm disappointed someone doesn't know me. Why do crazy fan girls know me but not a hot guy at a museum?!

     He started walking away, did he say something to me? I wasn't paying attention. "I can give you a tour of the museum. Or would you rather find the exit?" He offered. No way am I missing out on an opportunity like this. "I'll take a little history lesson, Sensei."

     Part way through I stopped listening to what he was saying and just following him around listening to his voice. What caught my attention was my phone ringing. I answered it only to be told I needed to head back for more shoots.

     "You might need to show me that exit now." I spoke up, interrupting him. He turned to look at me and then started walking.

     We showed up at the door after a few minutes of walking. "By the way, what's your name? You got mine, so it's only fair." I asked him before leaving. "Zhongli." He answered.

     I hurried as fast as I could hoping to not be late while also not getting noticed. Work seemed slower than usual. Can't I just leave and go back with Zhongli? I guess I'll have to go tomorrow.

     Another break, another opportunity. I walked over to the museum again, looking for Zhongli. It took a few minutes but I finally found him. "Zhongli-Sensei can I have another history lesson?" I asked. "We can pick up where we left off yesterday." He said and began to walk off.

     Zhongli showed me something that was made of jade, it looked like that of a dragon and actually seemed quite clean. "You shine more than any jade creation that could be made." I said smiling at him. "I'm not wearing anything that would shine in light so I don't think you are particularly right about that." Zhongli was smart, but apparently also very dense. I didn't try interrupting again because I just assumed he wouldn't know.

     Some days pass by and I ask for another tour. He showed me something that looked like a small statue with four ram heads. It was odd, but this was a museum so I guess it isn't that unexpected. "I'm more lively with you than any of these ram heads." Maybe he understood now? "These ram heads aren't living. As non-sentient beings they are only an old form of art. Nothing more, nothing less." Still dense? Okay, maybe next time.

     It's been a few weeks now of this, me visiting and him showing everything. I have no idea what  the context was, but I heard him say something about the sun. "I can stare at the sun because I look at you everyday and you're the brightest star around." Can't he understand this one? "You don't see me everyday because of your work. I'm not bright compared to the sun, your eyes would be severely damaged if you looked at it." Not as damaged as my heart right now.

     I'm tired of this whole oblivious act over the past few months. He's a straightforward guy, maybe he needs a straightforward confession or compliment?

     In the middle of our tour for today, I interrupted him from his small tangent. "Hey, did you know you look cute when you talk about all this random stuff in here?" That's when I saw it. Him blushing feels like the biggest accomplishment than any other.

     "Got nothing to say? You seem pretty red over there." I snickered at him when he went quiet. "I- I just didn't realize your intentions. I apologize for you going through this trouble." He said.

     He was killing me with this, I couldn't help it. I had to kiss him somewhere. Zhongli seemed to go in and kiss me, but I pulled back. "You can have another kiss, but at the price of being my boyfriend." I smirked towards him. He immediately kissed me, so I took that as a yes. This museum can count as our mini date! I'll take him on a real one when I'm free for an entire day.

     Next time I visited him he said something about finding pictures of me online. "I did say I was famous, right?" I said. He replied, "Yes, but I didn't think you were so widely known around Teyvat...So that means you have a vast amount of mora, yes?" That what he asks? Not saying 'You look sexy' or 'You're so hot Mr. Worldwide'. No, he's asking if I have mora. I let out a sigh, "Yes Zhongli, I have mora."

---------------------------

Childe: