Chapter Two: Good Morning

The next day Claude woke up with the sun shining though the window and birds chirping. He felt sweat all over his body and heat. Damn those nightmares. the screams of women and a crying baby.

Claude peeked and eye open when he heard papers shuffling. He saw Odette drinking something from a tea cup wit her hair braided messy. She was reading some papers or documents. She looked like she was awake for a while. Her emerald eyes met the jeweled ones and she placed her cup back. Claud noticed some of the bite marks he made and couldn't help but feel satisfied.

"Good morning, your majesty. You've slept quite soulfully that I let you over sleep since you looked like you haven't had any good nights." She said, gently.

Even with what happened last night she kept her grace and respect that made Claude wonder if she was secretly royalty because of it. His only response was a hum and he laid on the bed with his back and his arm over his eyes. Not bothering to talk. He heard her walking to a door and probably searching through a drawer and came back. He felt a careful hand laid on his arm and removed it. Claude looked and Odette had a wet towel.

"You were sweating a lot when you were sleeping. Nightmares does some marvelous things, hmm? Let me." She placed the wet towel on his forehead.

Claude felt a rush of relief in his body with the cool towel on his forehead. He didn't feel disgust when he was in contact with Odette and that was odd. Well considering he slept with her was already a big conclusion.

Claude stared into Odette's eyes as she worked her way in wiping Claude's sweat. She didn't ask about his nightmare or bothered to acknowledge he fact he probably looked vulnerable, he secretly appreciated it. Once she was done she removed the cloth and gave him a cup with what seemed like a bread? He looked at Odette questionably.

"This is cinnamon tea and bread with cream inside of it. It's good for you and very tasteful so please consider at least having one bite and one sip."

She left off to her work on her desk as Claude finally knows that the cup had green tea in it. He sighed and sat straight up and took the cinnamon tea in his hand. He would've enjoyed lippea tea better but-

*sip*

Never mind. He never really tried cinnamon tea before but the spice and sweetness hit him hard. He enjoyed the taste in his mouth, and unconsciously smiled. He eyed Odette who smiled to herself not looking at him. Dammit.

A FEW HOURS LATER...

Felix was in an ocean of panic. He couldn't find Claude at all one minute he's next to him and the other he completely vanished into thin air. He's been looking for him all night and he looked like a mess. He was actually considering on alerting to emperor Hugo, that was until he saw Claude and-

Lady Odette? Walking together to brunch. Both glowing? Felix felt like dying. He glared holes at the back of Claude because while he was searching for him all night king HE WAS HAVING FUN?!

"I feel as if someone's piercing holes into my back." Claude stated. Odette looked behind him and her eyes widened.

"What is it?"

"Did you tell your knight that you'd spend time with me?"

"..."

"..."

"... does he looks like he's about to murder me?"

"Yes."

"Well, then."

°Leave a vote if you liked it! The next two weeks will be tough for me since my mocks are coming up so please be patient!°