Chapter Eight: Suspicions

Odette let her heart be at ease as they ate dinner. Claude glancing at charlotte every once in a while before talking to his old friend again. He's be lying if he said he didn't enjoy her presence.

After dinner Odette thanked him before going to rest for the night. However Charlotte stayed behind and looked up to Claude.

"Is there something you want?" Claude asked the staring child. She shook her head and said.

"I like you eyes. You and Athy have very pretty eyes. Good night!" She waved and ran back to her mother.

"Good night!" Athanasia waved. Kissing her dad on the cheek she left to her room.

Claude watched the scene of Odette smiling down her daughter and hugging her. A part of him wanted Athanasia and him to join in but he left back to his room.

Felix escorted Claude to his room and he noticed the relaxed faced and posture of his body after the dinner he had with the guests. He smiled and noted to invite them more often.

"The princess really like lady Charlotte." Felix pointed out. Claude hummed.

"Even though she's younger than out princess the two really liked each other."

"She's a girl who doesn't have a bad intention to get close to my daughter."

"Yes. After all. She is Lady Odette's daughter." Felix said. A tone in his voice that made Claude stop.

"You've noticed." Claude's turned.

"It was a suspicion."

"How old do you think she is?"

"I've asked a personal maid of hers. She's seven. Two years younger than the princess." Felix exhaled.

"The day of her birth?"

"21st of September."

"Exactly nine months after I left... ." Claude muttered. His ahnd rested to his forehead as he entered his room.

"Do you think she's ... you know."

"My daughter?" Claude finished. Felix nodded.

"Odette seemed anxious when she introduced her to me."

"However her eyes-"

"There are many ways to hide it. It takes a simple spell to hide her eyes."

"That is true."

"She doesn't have a father?"

"No, your majesty. I truly think ... she could be your daughter. All it takes is to find out about her eyes and that's it."

"... I doubt Odette will allow anyone except her see them. So send a shadow to look after the little girl."

"Yes, your majesty. Would it be nice for you to have another child and the princess to have a sibling?"

"... arrange a carriage for us got visit the ice skating range after noon."

"Good night, your majesty."

Claude laid down on the couch and was in deep thought. Athanasia and Charlotte had similar hair style as he did. Her skin matched his and as well as having the blank stare. He could tell Athanasia really liked both of them and it wouldn't be an issue if she had a sister ... how about Odette?

He couldn't separate the child from her mother. If the alliance works out maybe he can build Odette her own school of ballet. Shaking his head.

Is wasn't confirmed that Charlotte was his but-

The possibility that she wasn't his was very low. Claude closed his eyes and thought that he'll need to confirm his suspicions soon otherwise he'd go insane.

THE NEXT DAY...

Odette and Claude were discussing the conditions about forming an alliance but Claude really wanted this whole thing to finish and for the alliance to be successful. It's been three hours since they were in his office discussing so Claude ordered tea and snacks.

"Is cheesecake still the thing you'd kill for?" Claude smirked. Odette paused and huffed.

"Oh shush ... get me three slices both of them strawberry."

"You heard her."