14) Sue me

The expansive apartment felt smaller with all the people inside. It had reached that point where everyone knew there was a party happening so anyone was waltzing in. As they walked in, they snagged a can of whatever they saw first and added themselves to the mass of people playing beer pong. Simon decided to come sober this time but he was currently regretting this decision. He had a little bit of catching up to do - which is easy for him. Within an hour he became tipsy. However, the alcohol didn't take off the edge that came with hate-watching Josh and Harry.

It would be better to stop being so petty. Simon could ignore them and easily have fun on his own. There were many closeted men wandering about that Simon could go after. Despite that, his heart yearned for someone specific. If only Harry would stop entertaining Josh's subtle advances. Simon wondered if it made Ethan jealous too. Now the blonde, wearing a skirt once more, was trying on Josh's rings. Step two of the honeytrap-process was in place.

"Why aren't you out there dancing?"

Simon glanced over to see JJ to his surprise.

"Why are you here? At Josh's?" he wondered, knowing that they always stay away from each other's parties.

"Because a party's a party. Plus it's not that hard to avoid someone in a room filled with 50 other people." JJ explained, shouting over the music. Simon shrugged, understanding his logic. Unsatisfied with Simon's unusually low energy, JJ removes the drinks from both of their hands. "Enough standing around. This is a good song!" He dragged Simon into the mosh pit of drunkards.

A number of people stepped on his feet as he and JJ shoved their way to the center. The scent around them shifted from marijuana to sweat once they were engulfed by everyone else. While they danced, mouthing fake words to pretend like they knew the lyrics, Simon slowly migrated closer to Josh. This was the perfect chance to make him jealous again. Now being in the other male's line of sight, Simon really got in the mood.  If there's one thing Simon is good at it's turning on the charm. It's the easiest face to wear.

However, JJ is the one who fell for Simon's intoxicating energy. It was enough lust for anyone to get drunk off of. And it doesn't take much effort to heat JJ up. A pair of hands pulled the tall boy's body close before caressing his bare waist. That was all he needed to feel. All the minutes Simon spent dancing on JJ only resulted in him getting dragged off by JJ. 

Not once did Josh even notice they were there. 

Vik stood there on his own contemplating why Simon extended the invitation again. The caramel boy hadn't seen Simon once the entire time. It seems Vik's plan to capture his love's attention 24/7 did not work. What was he missing in desirability that everyone else had? Everyone else had a friend or two or three to talk to - that wanted to talk to them - except for Vik who was standing all alone. All of his friends had other people to chat to.

"Do you know where Harry is?" Vik could hear Ethan ask from the side.

"No." Vik calmly replied, sipping more of his alcohol.

"Aren't you supposed to? Like at all times?"

"Well I thought he was with you. You're the one who brought him as a plus one." Vik subtly eyed Ethan out of his peripheral vision. 

"And you're not worried?" Ethan continued to question. Ever since him and Harry started hanging out, Vik has always been down his throat about making sure to keep him safe. Suddenly Vik didn't seem all that concerned.

"I at least know for a fact he's in here. I'm trying not to step on his toes. He's been very adamant lately I keep my distance." Vik shouted into Ethan's ear. 

"So you've been demoted from full-time babysitter to part-time?" Ethan joked.

"I'm more important than that." he frowned. The ginger boy just snickered at him. "He probably wants you to find him first. I gotta go take a piss." Vik abruptly ended the conversation. It was best to end it and not carry on making it worse.