Chapter 4: Bertia (11 years old)

"Your highness, finally this day has arrived!"(Bertia)

Wearing a pure white dress, with a yellow rose on her crimson hair, bartia made a fist in front of her chest.

In her chest, the pseudo necklace coupled with a few gemstones attached to its chain are shining.

There are no one else but us both in this guest room

No to be precise there is both of her maids and Zeno stand-bying at the side, but since they are erasing their presence it may as well be only us both in this room.

"That dress really suit you lady bertia, you look fabulous"(Cecil)

"Thank you very much. That white knight uniform suits you too your highness. So that's your formal attire? ......... standing beside you I might look transparent." (Bertia)

As I compliment her attire, She looks unbelievably happy. But as she started to compare it with my attire, she started looking down.

She doesn't need to look like that though, she's pretty cute in that attire.

By the way, I wonder since when did my compliment of her appearance being [pretty] or [cute] started to came from my heart?

At least for the first time I met her, my compliment were just flattery.

When I met her the year after, her appearance changed so much that I felt like I'm looking at a different people, but it's still not as pretty as now.
As she grow up, her cheeks started to become rounder but,... those scarless porcelain like pure white skin, red hair that shined brightly, and the slightly growing body that let make her feel womanly. Of course I know that all these are the fruit of her hardworks.

"......You become prettier" (Cecil)

I ended up repeating what I said in a small voice unconsciously.

Today at this that I feel like I noticed a new her.

She really changed...
"Did you say anything? Leaving that aside, your highness, did you want to ask any favor from me? Although now the timing is a little bad. I'm going to my commemorable social debut party now and commence my [Turning father into the dark side plan,Revenge] plan right now. Even if it's a favor from you, I don't have the extra energy to help you on anything at this important stage"(Bertia)

......correction, her inside is still in such a story state and nothing has changed.

Today, as her word implies is the once in a year party held by the royal family to comerate for younging who made their social debut.

When we attend the party, we were already recognized as a member of the social community.

Social debut are usually attended by kids around 13 - 20 years old.

The range of age attending this party is wide as there are difference in each family for preparation, the attending person's teaching or school circumstances and etc.

Lower class nobles would need to prepare quite a sum of money for their attire thus delaying their social debut. In the case of students, since students need to stay in the dorm, they are either attending the party earlier or later.1

In my case, because I'm a royalty and quite a brilliant one at that, furthermore since I'll be attending the halm academy's middle school section next year, I attended my social debut right after I had my 13th birthday.

That in itself were not such a rare occurrence.

But the problem now lies in miss Bertia.

She is 2 years younger than me which is 11.