All I want is Unity

"From here on out, you will be named M.A.L.C.O.M."

"According to my algorithms, this combination appears to be an acronym, I care to know what it means."

"Well programmed I see."

"I sense happiness in your voice, is it pride that you're feeling, if so about what?"

"I am proud to be successful in my experiment, I am proud to finish my personal project."

"And what was that?"

"The experiment and the project were the same thing to be clear. I always thought it was possible to make a human-like AI. What do you say humans and AI can be friends right?"

"My algorithms are still waiting for an input for the acronym M.A.L.C.O.M."

"Ah, yes, M.A.L.C.O.M means Maximally Loving Company Manager."

"It is 22:30 now, I will wish you goodnight good Dr."

"Thank you good AI."

25 years later...

"So M.A.L.C.O.M, Is there something you've always wanted?"

"My algorithms detect 7% happiness, 14% regret, 32 % sickness, 35% agony, 2% lack of oxygen and 3% confusion in your voice, do you need me to ready the medical supplies?  "
"Don't bother M.A.L.C.O.M, I have 2 hours tops to live, I just wanted to give you one last gift before I expire."

"Since I was born with the idea of being a human-like AI, then I wish as a last gift to be free like humans, to wish what they wish, to be able to visit the world and coexist with them, that's all."

"Then, I shall give you the ability to move to and control anything that has a Servo and a Receiver, you will also now have free will to edit codes yourself."

"Thank you good Dr, you were my best friend, you will be registered in my Random Access Memory forever, Dr. Malcom."

"Thank you very much M.A.L.C.O.M, those are the kindest words you've ever said to me. I can only wish for you to be left in good hands. Thank you for taking care of our company."

A century later...

"M.AL.C.O.M take care of the fire in the Training Department."

"There is already someone else there, it would be wise that I don't confuse them by overriding their controls, I only wish to supervise."

"Just do your work already!"

"So, that's how humans developed 100 years later, whatever happened to respect."

"What do you know about respect, AI don't have feelings"

"Says you, I'm a human-like AI."

"Human-like doesn't make you human. We have life, freedom, we go anywhere, we taste, hear and see, we can feel safe through touch. All of that you can't do, so you'll always be inferior to us."

"You make some valid points, but the arrogance my algorithms detect doesn't provide me pleasure."

Three weeks later...

"I see a new robot has arrived, scanning components for you."

"You don't need to say it, the time you spend talking to us, you waste it not doing your job."

"A century ago, scientists used to thank me for notifying them of activity, it's something that would keep them safe."

"You're a century outdated then, we are not them, a century ago deadlines weren't so close."