Chapter XXV

Chapter XXV

November 1980

Michael POV 19 Weeks Pregnant 

╰──╮

It's been five months since I haven't found out the gender of the baby though I've been taking the pills the doctor prescribed and it's been helping a lot, especially the nausea pills. I've been able to eat a lot more and I'm currently nineteen and a half weeks pregnant. I have come to the idea of being pregnant, growing to love the baby in my belly in just a short time of knowing it was there. 

Today I have my nineteen-week ultrasound appointment. I'm so eager to see my baby. My baby bump is now showing and oh was I in love. 

☂☇

As Prince and I sat and waited for the doctor to call my name, Prince was inspecting his nails and glanced over at me.

"You think the baby could be a girl?"

I'm going over a parenting magazine and we have been waiting for about thirty minutes and our appointment was twenty minutes ago. I nod my head resting my hand onto my belly.

"I want a baby girl. It would be a blessing to have a girl of our own."

Prince's smile unexpectedly faded away. He looked around and I feel he wasn't pleased they made us wait way past our appointment time but I informed him it was fine because I wasn't in a rush. Another ten minutes, we were finally called. 

"Michael Nelson Jackson?" 

I turned my stare and held up my hand so they knew I was here. Prince plops the magazine he was reading down onto the table, grabbed my hand and we headed back following the nurse. We entered the room and my nurse took my vitals and checked my weight. 

I felt fat that I have gained one hundred and one pounds in less than a month but the nurse explained that's normal. After she left, we sat and waited for the doctor to come. A couple of minutes later the doctor came in, rolling the ultrasound machine. He was an older man, mid 50's and with Snow White hair and wearing round glasses.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I delivered a baby early this morning, so my schedule is running behind a bit. I hope I didn't keep you waiting that long." He apologized. 

"Well next time why-" 

I cut Prince off because I knew he was going to say something rude. 

"No, it's okay. I hope the mommy and the baby are doing okay." 

I asserted and he smiled up at me. 

"Yes, they are. The baby was a few weeks early, so she has to stay in NICU for a week or two but she will be just fine after that." 

I rubbed my hands on my thighs.

"That's good," I murmured. 

He nodded and clapped his hands.

"Alright, shall we check on this baby and see how he or she is baking in there?" 

He asks and I nodded and laid back, lifting my shirt and exposing my baby bump. He turned the machine on and poured the gel on my stomach. 

"Has anything changed in your diet? I saw you gained ten pounds." 

He asked and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"I've been eating a lot more Mexican takeout," I confessed because it is true, I have been only wanting that and been only eating that. 

"Okay, well we don't want you to only eat Mexican food. Try consuming some fruits and vegetables with your food. Drink lots of water the baby is growing and you have to remember what you eat, the baby eats portions of it also." 

He explained and I nodded in understanding. 

"Great, let's check on this baby. Mom and dad, do y'all have any questions for me?" 

"Yeah, are we able to see what the gender is today?" Prince asked. The doctor nodded.

"Sometimes we can see at sixteen weeks, but we usually can tell between eighteen to twenty-one weeks. That's only if the baby wants to show us. I can check and if not then we most definitely will be able to see you at the next appointment in three weeks." 

He went to move the wand around my stomach and pressed it down on my stomach with a little pressure but not enough to hurt me. I know he saw my discomfort. 

"I'm putting a little pressure down to see if I can move him or her around but it looks like you have a stubborn little one. They don't want to expose themselves to us." 

He rubbed the wand some more and chuckled.

"Wait I'm getting something...Woah, it's a girl."

Prince and I glanced at one another. My eyes began to water. My hands began to tremble. This was what I expected and I know this is what Prince wants. Later the doctor gave me all the information and went to get the pictures printed. Prince came up to me and grabbed my hands. He kissed them and I could hear him sniffle.

"I know she's gonna be gorgeous just like you."

Prince rested his head on my chest. I ran my fingers in his hair. Staring at the white wall in front of me.

"Maybe," I chuckled. "Though she might have your alluring eyes."

Soon after the doctor came and lent me the images. We thanked him and went on with our lives. The rest of the day. Prince and I went to start shopping for some baby clothes. The girl's clothes were so lovely and small. Also went ahead and paid for what the baby would need and the significant stuff.

I'm so glad all of this is going smoothly. Now it's time to find a name for her.

 Now it's time to find a name for her

☂☇