Chapter 10

Wow, I suck at updating. Thank you guys so much for sticking around, 2012 has been an amazing year with you guys. I promise that I will try to get more chapters up soon, I know this one kinda sucks and is really short. Thank you for the lovely comments, be sure to follow my side blog on tumblr, I'll be starting One Shots soon. http://chordoverswagger.tumblr.com

Happy New Year to you all, last chapter of 2012! :)

-Erika <3

LEXIS POV

"So let me get this straight. He can only flash on criminals."

"Yes," Greg said.

"And he knows Kung Fu?"

"To an extent. His conscience and the Intersect seem to...how do I say this...combust. He didn't hit you back because he knows you too well, but he barely knows Ryan."

"How did all of that malfunction? The Intersect was only supposed to make him flash, correct?" I asked.

"What can I say? Mistakes happen," Greg replied.

"Right," I said, still confused.

"Alright then, let's get straight to work. Reynolds, Horan, straight to my office," Irvington said.

----------

"Since all of this went rather well, I've decided that you two will start the mission- right now."

"Right now right now?" I emphasized.

"Technically. You'll both be taking the train to San Francisco in around....20 minutes," Irvington said, looking down at his watch.

"Your bags are all packed with everything you might need. Walters will drive up in the surveillance van just this once since it's the first time Horan's been out with the Intersect, but once that's done you two'll be on your own. Better hurry if you want to catch the train, good luck agents."

We quickly scurried out of the building with our bags, pushing them into the back of a taxi. Quickly we got to the train station and bought our tickets for the 11:30PM train. The air smelled of old cigarettes, socks and air freshener. I could only imagine what the train would smell like. Being on a train for 3 hours...great. You'd think the CIA would get us a private jet, but nooo.

"It's ridiculous how you haven't been found by a bunch of fans," I said to Niall.

"Just like how you haven't been found by a bunch of criminals," he chuckled.

"Being a spy isn't exactly what it looks like in the movies," I clarified.

"And that's exactly how the media portrays celebrities. I'm really pretty normal if I say so myself."

"So I guess there's quite a lot we could learn from each other, huh?"

He nodded, and soon after our train came. The good news is that it was much nicer than I thought it would be. It was practically empty except for maybe three other people. It was late, so I decided to rest a little, setting an alarm just in case I didn't wake up in time to get off. Tomorrow was going to be a loooooong day.

A few hours later I woke up, head resting on Niall's shoulder and my legs draped over his. I didn't understand how I ended up like that but I took it. Besides, the warmth of his body was comforting in the non-heated train. I looked around and saw we were the only ones left. Checking the time, it was only ten more minutes until the train let us off at San Francisco. Sensing that I was awake, I felt movement beside me and turned to see Niall fixating his eyes to the brightness and looking outside.

"What time is it?" he groaned sleepily, resting his head back on me.

"Quarter past 2. Ten more minutes till we get off."