Final Chapter

Read this part by keeping THIS song on loop please:

Anokhi slowly pushed the door of Shaurya's cabin and peeped inside. He was lying there, wrapped in channels and tubes, barely recognizable. She fought back her tears and tiptoed in. Her hands trembled, whether from the AC or her anxiety, she had no idea. Slowly, she took her seat beside his bed and looked at the man she loved like anything. He seemed at peace, just sleeping, no pain reflected on his face. Hesitantly, she put her hand on his forehead. The tender touch did not wake him. He was under sedatives, probably. Anokhi just sat there, gazing at him. It was a private cabin, as Shaurya was taken out of the ICCU that morning. So Anokhi was in no hurry to leave. She did not cry or create a single sound. Quietly, she sat there, filling her eyes and heart with the image of his face. Somehow, she was scared of it to suddenly disappear. After quite some time, her eyes gave up, and she placed her head on the edge of the bed, touching his fingers, as if she was scared to lose him. Being close to him gave her a certain level of confidence.

Anokhi?

His voice sounded as if it came from deep under the water. Deep, slow and almost inaudible. But Anokhi heard it. She raised her head to look at him. No she was not mistaken. He was conscious and looking straight at her. Anokhi left his fingers immediately. A pulse of anger paralyzed her system. She just couldn't let it go. She looked away.

Naraaz ho?

He seemed to read her mind. She didn't reply. She needn't, as her eyes revealed everything. The walls turned foggy in front of her.

Anokhi, please?

His coaxing voice made her turn. He was smiling at her. A weak, fading smile.

Kuch nhi hua hai, Anokhi. Main....thik....hu. Do...din...mein...release ho jaunga.... Fir hum.....hum....celebrate karenge....

Clearly, he was having difficulties speaking.

- Kis baat ka celebration? The taunt was evident in her voice.

Shaurya's smile widened - Tum debate mein first ayi ho na?

Now it was Anokhi's turn to be surprised - Aap...aapko kaise pata?

Shaurya - Main janta hu. Mere dil ne kaha mujhse.

Anokhi - Jhut! Kisine aapko bataya hoga..

Shaurya - Woh tum jo bhi socho. Celebrate karna hai ya nhi..

Anokhi - Nhi... Koi celebration nhi hoga..

Shaurya sighed..

Anokhi...anokhi..meri gussewali anokhi...

She was having a hard time fighting those tears. She dug her nails into the back of her hand, which Shaurya noticed.

- Ansuo ko rokne ke liye khun nikalna zaroori hai?

Anokhi didn't reply but looked away.

Shaurya - Bhai mujhe to celebrate karna hai. Zindagi mein pehli aur akhri baar dil se kuch celebrate karunga. Iske pehle to bas show off karta tha. But yeh..mere liye bohot badi baat hai...

-Kyu?

- Huh?

- Kyu celebrate karna hai ye aapko? Meri jeet se aapko lena dena? Aap to mujhse pyaar bhi nhi karte. You don't love me, PS!