Shopping

"That's the last box," In-jae announced as Ji-pyeong carried the box into his apartment and set it down in the living room with a thud.

"It was the heaviest one too," he complained, "How did you even move into your apartment with all this?"

"I hired movers," she shrugged, and he glared at her, "Why didn't we do that this time?!"

She crossed her arms across her chest and replied, "Well, someone was just so excited for me to move in that he didn't want to wait a second longer, so there wasn't exactly time to hire movers."

Ji-pyeong winced as he touched his lower back. "Fine, fine, you're right," he grumbled as he walked away from her, "I'm just gonna go soothe my tired aching muscles with a hot shower."

She laughed and called out before the bathroom door closed, "I'll give you a massage later!"

In-jae heard the shower turn on and she smiled, reaching for the nearest box and opening it. She actually didn't have that many things left at her apartment, since almost all of her clothes were already here in Ji-pyeong's place. So it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to find a place for the rest of her things.

Moments later, Ji-pyeong came out of the bathroom and found In-jae in the living room, stacking her books on his bookshelf. He stood beside her to survey her work, and smiled when he realized that she had set up a his-and-hers system on the shelf, while also arranging the books by height and color. 

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and asked, "Is there anything you've been wanting to add to the place, now that this is your home too?"

She looked up at him thoughtfully, "Not much, I've always felt that our tastes were very similar."

Then she looked around and added,  "Although I've been thinking that sheer curtains might be nice for when it gets too hot in the day. And maybe some bookends for this shelf. And caddies to put order to our toiletries situation in the bathroom."

He laughed and kissed the top of her head, "Okay, then go get showered and I'll take you shopping!"

Later, as In-jae and Ji-pyeong made their way through the mall, they spied a jewelry store nearby. They looked at each other and Ji-pyeong smiled, "I think my fiancee should have a ring."

In-jae smiled back and said, "I'll pick out three options, then you pick the one you want to give me."

He laughed at her proposal, "Okay, at least you'll still be somewhat surprised."

They entered the jewelry store together, and he watched as In-jae picked out three different ring styles and put them on one by one, making sure they were all in her size.

"So, have you made a decision?" she asked him as she set the rings back on the velvet case.

"Do-san!" Ji-pyeong exclaimed, and In-jae turned around to see Do-san entering the jewelry store.

They shot each other a panicked look and In-jae subtly shook her head at Ji-pyeong. "What are you doing here?" she asked, moving toward Do-san as Ji-pyeong covered their ring selections.

"Well, I told the team that if we won the bidding, I'd propose to Dal-mi, so I figured I should prepare," Do-san shrugged.

In-jae looked at him in surprise, "But the bidding doesn't happen in a few weeks, and you don't know that we'll win."

Do-san smirked confidently, "We'll win."

In-jae shot a look at Ji-pyeong as she put a hand on Do-san's back, "Then let me help you pick out a ring." She steered him to some glass cases away from Ji-pyeong, but Do-san stopped. "Wait, why are you guys here?"

"Just buying a gift," Ji-pyeong said smoothly, and In-jae nodded. "Check these out," she pointed at some rings on the display, and once Do-san turned his attention on In-jae and the rings she was recommending, Ji-pyeong heaved a sigh of relief.

He turned to the saleslady. "I'll take this one," he said, pointing to the ring that had a round diamond stone set in a slender gold band. It was the one that made his heart skip a beat when he saw it on In-jae's hand, and he had seen how her smile was different as she looked at it.

Once the package was secure, he caught In-jae's eye across the room and gave her the thumbs up before walking over to join her and Do-san.

"You feel good about your choice?" In-jae asked Do-san, and he nodded.

"Thanks, In-jae, I really think she'll like this," he said, and she smiled at him before hooking her arm in Ji-pyeong's. "We've got some errands to run, so we'll leave you to it," she said as she and Ji-pyeong bid him goodbye and left the jewelry store.

"Which one did you get?" she asked him excitedly and he laughed.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you!" he admonished, and she pouted.

He stopped and put his hands on her shoulders, looking her in the eye. "Hey, we already got engaged over ramen. This time, I'm bringing this out once you have the decision about your adoption. I'll propose to you properly as Seo In-jae," he said seriously, and she smiled. 

"Okay," she said as he kissed her forehead.

He looked at her and narrowed his eyes as he said, "You better not go snooping for this at home."

She laughed and held up her hand, "I promise!"

Satisfied, Ji-pyeong wrapped an arm around In-jae and said, "Now let's go get the rest of your stuff." And they spent the rest of the day at the mall, shopping for things like any couple building their first home together.