chapter five: The Jaculus

Monster

Monter

Monster

The scream pierced the air, sounding as if someone was being murded.

Death would be better.

Before everyones eyes one of the raiders hands started to turn to gold.

It creeped up his hand like water, freezing it in place so it could no longer be moved.

More and more it creeped up his arm.

Until it stopped

Right before his wrist.

Monster

Monster

Monster

"Intersting",mummbled Guivre as he walked towards one of his raiders, staring at his hand.

"Brother are you alright?", a man the size of a stone wall walked over, his dark clothes swished around him revealing his state of uneasiness.

"No Agraj my hand only just turned to gold" , there was a long silence before the man spoke again.

"Of course I'm fucking not alright my hand just turned to fucking gold, how do you think I would be alright!", the man screamed.

This man who had the unlucky fate of grabbing the boys hand was called Havilah, he wasthe same hight and build as Agraj but instead of dark night hair he had earthy brown.

Agraj had a slight beard.

Havilah didnt

They were brothers in battle

Though they were always together you would asume by blood.

Havilah started hyperventilating as he started at his hand not looking anywere else.

Agraj turned around to look at the basement boy. Murder in his eyes.

Just like when master was mad.

No

No

No

"You", he seethed, Agraj started walking towards the boy, his steps echoing all around.

"You monster"

Monster

Monster

Monster

I'm a monster

"I'll teach you a lesson".

The boy was scrambling back.

Wood turned to gold

A knife was drawn

A cut was made before

"Enough Agraj", Guivre walked up and plucked the knife from his hand. Looking down the boy had a cut running along his cheek.

Blood dripped.

It was hot and the metalic smell flowed through the air again.

The boy sat there still and wide-eyed, not moving, not shaking.

Not breathing or so it seemed.

The only movement was the blood running down the cut in his cheek, that would definatly stay there for a long time.

Agraj sharply turned his head and tried to reach out for the knife, but was meet with a glare that looked like death.

He stopped

He turned

And walked to his brother.

The boy knew he would be hurt later when Guivre was not looking.

"Now then", Guivre kneeled down to look at the boy, he pushed the knife on the wound bringing a shape cry from him, "don't move".

He stands up and walks over to Havilah and Agraj, pulling out his sword.

He grabs the gold hand.

And then

Then

The boys eyes close.

Screams were heard.

Shouts

Blood

The smell

"Why you monster now he has one hand", Agraj took off his coat and wrapped it around Havilah's missing arm.

"Its made of gold, it would of stopped blood flow making it fall off anyway, take him to Felipe, and stopped screaming you stupid man".

The creaking of wood was heard.

A slam following it.

Silence

"Having a gold hand would of been better sir, now he can die of infection, plus blood flow or not it would not of fallen off", a quiet yet strong voice was heard.

"Shh Broson you know that and I know that but they don't",Guivre smiles down at the little man like a snake.

"Ah", was all the small man said.

The hand was put into a bag and the me  turned to look at the boy.

"Lets keep him shall we Broson", Broson huffed and helped the boy stand up, being careful not to touch his hands.

The wooden floor by now was gold.

The door was opened.

A shaking boy walked through it for the second time in his life.

But all he could think was.

Monster

Monster

Monster