The Beginning

TW: Probably Gore, Violence

.

.

The inspiration for this story was made by https://archiveofourown.org/users/SilverWolfCub/pseuds/WhiteWolfCub full credit to them. The original story is called Run Boy Run. I changed the story, backstory, and a few characters a bit, but the original work and universe was created by them. Please go check it out. If they want me to take this down, I will gladly do so. I just thought it was a really great story and wanted to write my own version.

He was running. The soft thump of his feet on the grass barely able to be heard. He had ditched the road a while ago.

He was running, but he was running from something. He was running from a tragedy, something no fifteen year old should have to witness.

The murder of his parents.

They had been traveling on the road when all of a sudden three hunters jumped out from the small bushes and attacked.

His parents had done all they could to keep him alive. His father had been ruthlessly stabbed, and the last thing his mother did was give him a simple white mask.

It was round and had small leather straps. When you put it on it can either cover your whole face, or cover the top half only. It had a simple design on the front, a small smiley face.

They had been fleeing to the end portal when they were attacked. You see, his family was a little different than others. They were the last full Enderborns still in the overworld.

The rest had fled to The End. Enderborns are dangerous, or so the king says. The only thing dangerous about them is if you look them in the eyes.

They are like endermen in that sense. If you look them in the eyes they become feral. Their jaws unhinge and they grow claws. Their eyes turn a fiery purple and they attack.

When they are in this state they attack to kill. They're not themselves like this. That's why his mother gave him a mask.

The endermen had built these masks for the Enderborns. They were built in a way that you could see through it from your side, so it didn't obstruct your vision. But, on the other side, they make you completely unreadable.

He faltered in his step as he remembered the blood still on his hands. His stomach lurched as he walked over to a nearby river.

He couldn't keep running, not covered in his parents blood.

The Enderborns had been being hunted for years. Almost all of them were killed, so the rest fled. Now though, he had been left behind.

Now, it was just him that would be hunted. He couldn't help but think back to the hunters. They had killed his parents without so much as blinking.

He couldn't imagine ever murdering someone like that. If he had to it would probably scar him for life. He probably would have to eventually. He was the last Enderborn on earth. He would be hunted by everyone. Nowhere would be safe. Enderborns had been hunted because of the Most Dangerous Borns List.

           Most Dangerous Borns List

Enderborn (Due to feral tendencies)

Witherborn (Wither effect and blood lust)

Dragonborn (Includes Wyvernborns)

Guardianborn (Known to drown humans)

Blazeborn (Dangerous fire summoning and prone to arson)

Demonborn (Demon magic dangerous to humans)

Sirenborn (Lust for human flesh and hypnotic voice)

Creeperborn (Can explode without dying, causing multiple explosions)

Piglinborn (Will kill for anything shiny, blood lust similar to Witherborn)

Spectralborn (Possessing humans, prone to insanity)

He hated that Enderborns were number one on that list. They're only dangerous if you look them in the eyes, and most Enderborns wear their own masks so that doesn't happen.

He finally finished washing off all the blood and was ready to keep running. It had taken a while to wash off the blood because he kept thinking the water was going to burn him. It doesn't hurt Enderborns but his instincts still tell him it will. 

He doesn't know how long he's been running, he just doesn't want to get caught. He stood up and started to run again.

His mom had given him the mask hidden inside a large green hoodie. It was really big, probably so he could grow into it. He'd thrown it on top of his black turtleneck. It was warm, it was nice.

See, Enderborns have a pearl deep inside their chest. Those pearls emit a bone-chilling cold. Therefore, Enderborns were always freezing.

People often recoiled at how cold he was. If he was in contact with a human for too long he would give them freezer burn.

It gets even colder after he teleports. Pearls use void energy to teleport. He needs to build up the energy to use it. But, void energy is freezing cold. Sometimes, after teleporting too many times in a row, his hands start to become covered in frost.

He had been running for a while now and before he knew it, it was almost sunset. The mobs would begin to spawn soon. He started to run faster until he reached a small cave. 

He walked in and immediately set to work. He couldn't make a bed, so unless he wanted to be extremely sore tomorrow, staying up all night was his only option. 

He didn't need to sleep for at least another three nights. Endermen are pretty much nocturnal after all. He also has impressive endurance, balance, and speed. 

He sat down and rolled up his sleeves. He watched the calming, pulsating, green glow, of the runes on his arms. It was a good distraction. 

The same as the runes, his pearl was also green. Not dark green, a more, friendly, bright, green. He could still feel the chill of his pearl roll off it in waves, even with the warm hoodie on.

He didn't even really have a name. He was called something, but it wasn't a name. His parents didn't really have time to name him, they were constantly on the run. 

Enderborns weren't just hunted because of their dangerous tendencies. They were also hunted because of their unique pearls. 

You see, normal ender pearls are all a dark turquoise colour. But the one in an Enderborn can be any colour. From red to purple, they're pearls are one of a kind. 

His 'name' was Dream. He was called that because having a child was the thing his parents had always dreamed of. 

That was, before they were getting hunted. He had a little sister but she left for The End with one of their uncles years ago. Way back when he was six, his sister left for The End.

By the time he had finished reminiscing, the sun had risen. There were still going to be a few mobs outside, but not nearly as many as at night. 

He headed out into his new life. A life of being hunted. Maybe, just maybe, he could turn it around. Learn how to hunt from the people they sent. That way, when they send more hunters, he can hunt them and make them leave him alone. 

He hopes if he gets good enough, he could settle down somewhere. The portal to The End will be locked by now. No way in, or out.

Well, he has nothing to lose now. Let's see how they plan on catching an Enderborn.

(Authors note:

I've wanted to write something like this ever since I read the story mentioned at the top.

Expect this book to have even less consistent uploads than my other one because i'm more focused on that one.

Hope you enjoy! <3

-Pandora)

Word Count: 1280