Chapter Two: Sticky Situation

Natsu, Lucy and Erza stood at the request board, searching for a job. Lucy's rental payment date was drawing a close and she was nearly broke. They kept getting distracted however, because the two constantly kept on hearing some kind of buzzing around, like the sound of two magnets. The two kept looking around for the source of the noise, finding none. They looked at each other.

"Natsu do you hear something?" the blonde asked, looking around her once more.

Natsu used his strong senses to navigate the direction of the sound they were hearing. "I heard it, but I dunno where the stupid buzzing is coming from."

Suddenly, Lucy felt an unusually warm hand grasp hers and looked down to find that the dragon slayer had taken her hand in his, holding it tightly.

"Natsu."

"Hm?"

"Why are you holding my hand?"

"Holding your —- what?!"

Natsu realized suddenly that he was holding hands with Lucy, his cheeks become redder as he tried to shake their hands loose but to no avail. He'd held hands with countless girls before, he held Erza's hand, not to mention Lisanna's, Mira's and even Cana's.

"I-I d-don't k-k-know" he stuttered. He inspected his hand and the magnetic pull that glued their hands together and made them blush even more since Natsu kept trying to pull their hands apart. Lucy tried to hide her blushes seeing as Erza was surveying the situation at close range. The whole guild on the other hand stared at them, confused, not knowing why Natsu was standing in front of Lucy trying to pull his hand from hers like some comical mime.

"Okay, you go that way and I'll go this way Natsu."

"Okay, on three. One, two, three! Pull!"

"Argh!!!"

The two stood in front of the request board, one hand pulling on their trapped ones but try as they might, nothing was happening. Their hands hadn't budged an inch. Whatever was keeping them together was ridiculously strong.

"They liiiiiiike each other!" Happy teasing stood in front of the two, paws to his mouth. Natsu and Lucy whipped their heads in his directions, blushing bright red.

Erza suddenly snapped her fingers.

"I know I'll cut them off!" Erza said, frightening the two

"DO NOT!"

"It looks like some kind of Enchantment." Levy said, crouching on her knees, examining the stuck appendages.

"I know! I will use my Healing Magic." Wendy said thoughtfully. 'Maybe I can heal whatever spell is on you guys."

"Great thinking Wendy!" Lucy looked at the young girl like she was their savior.

Wendy held her hands so they hovered over theirs and closed her eyes, a soft blue light emanating from the palms of her small hands. After a few moments, she sighed and put her hands back at her sides and shook her head.

"I'm sorry Lucy-san, Natsu-san. But it looks like I can't heal this enchantment off you. There isn't anything in the spell to heal."

Meanwhile, Gray was called back to the Master's office before he had even fully descended the stairs.

"Gray did you remember I said to you earlier about the potion?"

"Yes I remembered Master. Now why am I here again?"

"I just got a call from the Council, Gray I'm requesting you as the Master of this guild, to find a specific potion store here in Magnolia. I have heard rumors that there's an only one place where wizards can only access this potion store. It's up to you to find it. This is a solitary mission. The less people that know about this, the better. It would be best if you took up the mission when the others are not with you. I will be awaiting news from you about this."