[ 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 ]

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"HE'S STABLE, MISS, DON'T WORRY."

Y/N smiled at the doctor who had spoken, but didn't shift from her chair at Shoto's side until they left. He lay under the covers of the hospital bed, seeming uncharacteristically small and child-like when he was asleep. 

She smoothed some of his red-and-white hair from his forehead, savouring the ability to touch him as she pressed a brief kiss to his temple. "I'll be back soon, Sho."

The door to the room swung open, and Y/N jumped back from his bed, almost running into the wall as three familiar people entered the room ... each looking at her with totally blank faces. 

"Who are you?" the first to enter blurted, shutting the door behind her. 

"I'm-" she began to introduce.

"... Y/N," Shoto groaned, making the four other people in the room whip their heads to look at him as he stirred. "Y/N."

"So you're Y/N."

She smiled bashfully at Todoroki Fuyumi, offering her hand for a shake. "I can't believe you remember me. I know all of you, but ..."

"You're real?" Natsuo interrupted, causing his sister to dig her elbow into his ribs. "OW! Yumi! I just thought Sho may have been making her up."

"I met her a little while ago," Rei spoke up softly, giving the teenage girl a tentative smile that just stood to remind her how strong this woman was for enduring what she had. "It's wonderful to see you Y/N."

"You too, Todoroki-san," the former ghost replied respectfully.

The mother waved off the formal honorific, insisting that she call her Rei. 

"Y/N," Shoto whimpered again, and she rushed to his side this time, flanked by his family members.

"I'm here," she promised, taking his hand and squeezing it. "I'm not a ghost anymore, and I'm here."

Made incoherent by the numerous forms of medication Shoto had needed when he was being tended to after being spiritually run over by a car, he mumbled something about "love you" and rolled over, returning to sleep in a manner of seconds. 

"No lost love, little bro," Natsuo joked, ruffling his own snow-white hair. "Eh. We'll see him later."

"No, I'll go," Y/N insisted, embarrassed to be intruding upon the family's personal time. "Thank you so much, it was lovely to actually meet you all."

"Thank you, Y/N," Fuyumi returned, quick as a whip. "The paramedics told us what you did for Sho. And ... you should know he really likes you."

The teenage girl blushed as she ducked her head, muttering another goodbye and departing from the hospital. 

She felt her lips with the ghost of a smile, remembering that Shoto would be right there, waiting for her when she got back.

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"I missed you," Shoto mumbled into the side of Y/N's neck, his arms wrapped around her waist as he clung to her like a sleepy koala. 

"I missed you too," she chuckled, closing her eyes and letting herself wake up slowly. "I love you."

"Love you too." He pressed a soft, butterfly of a kiss to her lips, before sitting up and swinging off the side of his bed, back at home. 

"You need to get to school," Y/N insisted as he groaned after looking at his alarm clock, making to slide back under the covers of his bed. 

"So do you!" the boy fired back, grinning widely. "You're alive now."

She smiled at the words she thought she'd never hear, throwing herself off the bed and around her boyfriend's chest, hugging him tightly. "And I won't let you forget it."

He laughed, loudly enough that Fuyumi yelled something from downstairs about "shutting the fuck up". 

As a ghost, Y/N had never hoped for this kind of happy, easy life with the Todoroki family, especially the one she'd desired with Shoto.

But finally, it was right in front of her eyes, and she was all the better for it.

"I love you, ghost girl."

"And I love you, Sho."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

this book is finally done!thank you so much for supporting me, and pleasekeep an eye out for my pastand future BNHA works!~ jazzi

thank you so much for 
supporting me, and please
keep an eye out for my past
and future BNHA works!
~ jazzi

this book is finally done!thank you so much for supporting me, and pleasekeep an eye out for my pastand future BNHA works!~ jazzi

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓 | 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨 🎉