Chapter 1

Picture of Adelaide up top! ^^^^

REAGANS P.O.V.

Adelaide and I step out into the spring Colorado air. As always I'm wearing my leather jacket and jeans with my feaded leather boots. Adelaide braided my hair back so it wasn't covering the symbol on the back of my jacket. We walk down the side walk to Adelaide car from my house. As always my dad is drinking. I called Adelaide the moment things got bad. This happens almost every day.

I hope in her car as she puts the top down and begins our 15 minute drive to our spot in the mountains. We always go to our bench when I want to talk. It's by a river.

We are heading out of our little town called Aspen. I didn't feel like talking so the ride was quite. Instead I focused on what I saw. The usually. Broken down buildings and poor people. As we passes I felt like I was home even though I know it's not the best side of town. I guess I felt like it was home because teens never want to be home and me more than others. We passed the 'berrier' as Adelaide calls it and now where in the north side of town. Or the rich part. I don't call it the rich side because Adelaide doesn't like me to. She also doesn't call my side of town the poor side because she's delusional and says all it needs is love. Don't get me wrong I love this town. It has bad parts and good parts but the community tries to work things out. It doesn't always work but we try. That's all that matters right? Plus Adelaide is trying to help and that girl is determined.

When I pull myself out of my thoughts I realize Adelaide is pulling into our favorite ice cream shop. I instantly smile. I love sweets especial from The Dairy Dream. I look over and see Adelaide is smiling too.

She parks and we walk inside. The inside is light blue and pink. The counters and a shiny sterling silver. Tables line the small area. It's a little cold but it always is in a ice cream shop. I walk up to the counter and order superman ice cream. Once I have my order I wait till Adilaide gets hers. As I wait my eyes wonder to a couple in the corner kissing, yuck! Adelaide gets her strawberry ice cream and pays for mine as always. We walk back to her car and get in. I finally decide it's time to talk.

"Did you see that couple in there?! They looked like they were eating eachother's faces off?!?!"

She laughs at me for my bizarre comment that came out of the blue then says, "Only you Reagan. Only you."

"Only me can be this cool and awsome at the same time. I know."

"You mean only I can be this cool and awsome." Her just being her smart self said.

"I think we can agree on that nobody can be as cool and awsome as the both of us." I laughed at my own words.

"Now let's go. We have some talking to do." She said as she began to drive again.

The car ride there was quite. It gave me time to think about things. Like about my family. I won't go into details but things aren't good.

We pulled into the small mountain parking lot. As we walked down the right path twigs an leaves crunched under our feet. We walked in sync left foot right foot. As we came closer to the water we could hear it crashing againsed the rocks. We hop off the path to our 'bench'. It's really a fallen tree with a branch behind it to lean back on.

I sit down on the left side with my feet up leaning against the branch. "Sooooooo. What's up?" Adelaide sits with her feet down streached out because she's wearing a dress. She kicks her shoes off and waits for me to talk.

"Right now? Not good." She stares at me waiting for me to explain more. "He's drinking as normally. Talking about mom and how much she loved us. Crap. Crap I tell ya. She left me and that was final. He hates her and says how much I look like her. That makes him hate me to. I didn't do anything! We left before he could hit. Last night's still stings." I won't let Adelaide call for help no matter how many times she tries to get me to. Even thought I hate my dad when he drinks I love him when he doesn't even though I don't live up to his standerds. "I know you want to see it. Just met me finish. His cane hit me right by my shoulder blade. The other scares haven't gone all away yet." I stoped talking and stood up pulling my shirt up we reveal the mark he made last nigh on my already broken and scared back.

I pull my shirt down and followed Adelaide to the water. I take my boots off and stick my feet in. Swishing my feet around to scare off the fish and stir up the dust. I watch as it swirls in circles. Adelaide is telling me again how I should react about my father, I tell her I will consider her offer but know deep down I won't. I pick up a rock and chuck it across the water causing it to skid a couple of times then sink. I watched Adelaide try but fail to do the same. Her fave fell and I couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Flat side, flick wrist." I pick up another and do it slowly for her to watch. It skips 4 times then sinks.

I stand up and put my wet feet into my boots and we walk silently back to her car. Once there Adelaide begs, "Come to my house? Pleeeeaaasssssee?"

"Finnne." I say reluctantly. Adelaide scweals and we get into her car. The car ride to her house is also quite. Once we get to her house Adelaide starts planing what we will do. I know she wants me to at least look happy but I think I'll actually try to have fun tonight.

(Other view by val_myers012 Adelaide's P.O.V.)

Vote and comment please!! Xoxo

Sorry it's confusing but me and my best friend and making a story and you have to read both the good girl and bads P.O.V. we only update when we are together soooo....Ya. But that's often so it's not gonna be that bad. :D

You have to read the prologue to hear life storys and desctription!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^