Chapter 2 - Feyre

I was just sat with Rhys, eating breakfast, enjoying the time we had together before being torn appart to help with various rebuilding tasks when an iron box just appeared and fell on the foyer floor, a wolf landed next to it, lying down.

"Do we open it?" Rhys asked.

The wolf looked me in the eyes and nodded.

"The wolf is nodding," I told him, crossing my arms.

"And you want to trust a wolf?" Rhys asked crossing his arms as well just as Mor ran down the stairs.

"Please," came a muffled voice from inside.

"There's someone in there!" Mor snapped.

I went to her side and together we pulled the lid off. The female, no woman because she was human, inside let out a hiss and shielded her eyes, she had a metal mask on as well as gloves that stopped at her wrists.

"Fenrys," she rasped as she sat up wincing.

Her eyes landed on the wolf and her beautiful turquoise and gold eyes filled with tears.

"Please talk to me, tell me what is wrong," she begged him, her voice breaking.

Blood ran out of his mouth and dripped onto the floor, she pushed herself out of the box and I saw her properly, she was covered in wounds and scars, she wasn't wearing much either, just a short white shift, stained red from her blood down the back. She knelt next to him; blood began to pool at her legs.

"Do you, Fenrys Moonbeam swear to serve and protect me for as long as you live?" She asked him.

I looked at the others who looked just as confused as I was.

He blinked once and she took that as answer enough.

"Then drink." She told him, offering him her arm. He licked up the blood coating her and they both lay down, she uttered only one word "Live."

I watched as the wolf's breathing slowly got stronger until he stood. The woman let out a strangled sob and he licked away her tear before turning on us snarling.

"Fenrys, help me." she croaked before her body went limp.

"I can heal her." I told the wolf and he nodded, looking weary.

I knelt down next to the girl, with a snap the gloves and mask fell away and I put them next to me. My hands glowed as her wounds knitted together, the wolf watching me the whole time.

Once I couldn't find any more injuries I sat back on my heels, a little dizzy.

"I'd like to take her upstairs, put her in some clean clothes and get the blood off her." I told the wolf.

I heard a click from behind me and the blood on her was instantly gone.

"Thanks Rhys." I said over my shoulder before turning to the wolf.

"Will you let me lay her somewhere a little more comfortable?" I asked the wolf; he was obviously going to protect her to whatever end.

He stared at me for a minute before dipping his chin. I gently lifted her into my arms and the wolf followed as I took her up to one of the guest rooms.

I lay her on the bed then turned to the chest of draws, grabbing one of my old night dresses. I walked back over to the woman and carefully pulled the shift off her, pausing when I saw her scars. I pushed my gasp down and put her in my night dress then tucked her in.

"Do you want food and water?" I asked the wolf.

He nodded his furry head, and I gave him a small smile.

"She is safe here, I promise." I told him.

He just jumped onto the bed and lay next to her; Rhys having removed the blood from his white coat as well.

I went downstairs and got a large bowl. I filled it with water before grabbing the left-over chicken from last night and putting it on a plate. I held the water bowl and used a little magic to carry the plate.

I set them both on the floor and the wolf jumped down. Gobbling down the chicken and drinking up half of the water.

"Cauldron you're hungry." I told him; he gave a what I could have sworn was a sheepish smile.

"Fenrys." The woman croaked as her eyes fluttered open.