Chapter Fourteen

I ran into SHIELD, still putting on my jacket.

        "Agent Hemlock?" I called, running towards somewhere that I knew they had to be. I heard her call my name from the end of the hallway. She said something else that I couldn't make out. I started running faster.

        I heard a crash and a blood curling scream.

        "Tracy!" I ran even faster. I found a locked steel door that I assumed she was behind. I pounded on it. "Tracy!"

        "No, Sonja! I'm fine! It was Dr. Waterfield, she- uhhhhh...."

        I heard another crash and the door burst open. Someone forced me against the wall and held me a foot above the ground by my neck. I gasped and clawed at his hands.

        And that was when I saw his face. The familiar black hair and bright green eyes. Loki. My father.

        "D-don't," I gasped.

        "Give me one good reason not to." He pressed harder on my neck. I could just see the anger in his eyes.

        I clawed harder and kicked at his knees, but I could feel my strength ebbing away.

        As my eyes rolled into my head, I breathed, "Erika Fortræd. 1999."

        He let me fall to the floor. I laid there catching my breath, and I hardly even noticed that words were tumbling from my mouth.

        "I bet you never thought anything would come of it, did you? Just a little fun with a Midgardian girl, wasn't it? Well something did come of it. I came." I glared up at him, trembling with the memories of my mother's death, the horrible foster parents, and Ben's murder. None of it would've happened if Loki had stayed or taken me with him back to Asgard, or even if he hadn't come at all.

        He looked down at me and his eyes softened for half a second. He opened his mouth and said one word. "Come." He walked out of the hallway and towards the exit.

        I stood on shaking legs and looked at the SHIELD emblems on my jacket. I slipped it off so that I was wearing only my tank top. I pulled out my ID too and dropped it on top of the jacket.

        Drawing out my gun from its holster on my belt, I started after Loki.

        I no longer was going to be a SHIELD agent.